The latest research from Adelaide Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in Adelaide have increased for the quarter ending January 2020. The latest quarter shows total sales figures of $366.1 million from 26 sales, compared to the $242.4 million from 10 sales in the quarter to October 2019.
The year to January 2020 shows total sales of $1.162 billion from 82 sales, a significant increase from the previous year, which had $798.5 million from 66 sales.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Adelaide Cityscope.
Notable sales in the January 2020 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- The SA Police Headquarters at 100 Angas Street, Building 1 in the Yorke Commercial Campus Precinct, a 10-storey office tower with basement parking. Completed in late 2011 with a net lettable area of 18,000 sqm, which was transferred at $155 million;
- KPMG Building at 151 Pirie Street, an eight-storey office building with ground level retail and basement parking for 51 cars with a net lettable area of 12,647 sqm, comprising 1,035sqm ground floor retail and 11,547sqm upper level offices, which was sold for $92.5 million and
- Elder House at 25-39 Currie Street, 4 levels to Currie Street built in 1900 with a 6-level office building constructed in 2001. The building has a net lettable area of 14,086 sqm and part of Anster Street, a small lane at rear of Elder House, which were sold together for $31 million.
Properties for sale in the January 2020 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- 26-30 Grote Street, an older brick office building of two levels with two shops on the ground floor; there is a small yard at the back with space for a couple of cars, which is for sale through Mastracorp Real Estate;
- 16 Tucker Street, a 2-storey residence which covers the whole site of 161 sqm, which is for sale through Taylor & Taylor Real Estate; and
- Unit 15 in Roma Mitchell House at 131-135 North Terrace, a shop of 40 sqm, which is for sale through Commercial SA Property Group.
Leasing opportunities in the January 2020 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- Hender Consulting House at 81-99 Flinders Street, an office building of 12 levels plus basement for 42 car spaces with shops on the ground floor, which has office space ranging from 300 sqm to 1,600 sqm available for lease through LJ Hooker Commercial Adelaide;
- Keith Murdoch House at 31-45 Waymouth Street, a 5-storey office building comprising ground level retail, basement car parking, and a service entrance to Bentham St, which has office space of 2,432 sqm available through CBRE Adelaide and Colliers International; and
- Blackburn House at 193-199 Grenfell Street, an office building of 6 levels, including basement parking for 40 cars accessed via a ramp at 17 Tam O'Shanter Place, which has office space ranging from 250 sqm to 3,000 sqm available through JLL Adelaide.