The last three months to the end of November 2018 recorded 12 sales for a total of over $26.1 million; with $2.1 million for commercial, $6.2 million for commercial strata, $2.8 million for retail strata and $15.1 million for other.
In comparison, the three months to the end of August 2018 recorded 7 sales for a total of over $48.9 million; with $2.8 million for commercial, $1 million for commercial strata, $300,000 for retail strata and $44.8 million for other.
The 12 months leading up to the end of November 2018 recorded 34 sales for a total of over $107.7 million, over $209 million lower than the recorded figure for the same time period the year before.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Brisbane South Cityscope:
The most significant sales recorded this quarter together totalled just over $17.6 million.
- The State of Queensland (Represented by Department of Education) purchased 28-32 Vulture Street, West End for $8 million (cd 20.09.2018, td 20.09.2018). The property will ultimately form part of an extension of the West End State School. To date the Department of Education has purchased seven adjoining properties for a total of $20.175 million.
- A high-clearance warehouse/showroom at 387 Montague Road, West End was bought for $5.16 million (cd 12.07.2018, td 24.09.2018) by Wu Australia Pty Ltd and JLE Family Pty Ltd. Joe Kennedy and Andrew Gard of Cushman and Wakefield Brisbane negotiated the sale.
- Cushman & Wakefield Brisbane also negotiated the sale of Unit 3, 80 Hope Street, South Brisbane for $4.5 million (cd 04.07.2018, td 31.07.2018). The unit provides a total of 462 sqm of office space over two floors.
Properties listed for sale include:
- 161 Boundary Street, West End – a two-storey, 390 sqm retail and office building. For sale by offers to purchase; agent, Colliers International Brisbane (Philip O’Dwyer and Tony Wang).
- Lot 900, 30-50 Duncan Street, West End – three retail/commercial tenancies (53 sqm, 144 sqm and 35 sqm) on the ground floor of View (Tower A). Total area, 232 sqm. For sale by private treaty; agent, JLL Brisbane (Sam Byrne and Andrew Havig). The lot was advertised with a passing annual income of $146,900.
- Lot 103, Brisbane Casino Towers, 19-23 Hope Street South Brisbane – a 108 sqm unit on the ground floor. For sale with expressions of interests closing December 12, 2018; agent, Blue Commercial (Herman Hunt and William Jones). The unit was advertised with a net income of $59,793 per annum (lease commencing December 2018).
Currently under contract (conditional or unconditional):
- 282 Montague Road, West End – a 422 sqm single-storey warehouse building with mezzanine level office space; agent, Elders Commercial Brisbane (Ben Hackett and Robert Koster).
- Unit 5, Montague Corporate, 205 Montague Road, West End – a 177 sqm unit on the first floor plus two 3 sqm stairwells; agent, Elders Commercial Brisbane (Ben Hackett and Robert Koster).
- 113 Jane Street and 117 Jane Street, West End – a two-storey commercially-used house and shed and a 1,382 sqm high-clearance warehouse. Under contract unconditionally with settlement expected early 2019; agent, C Property Qld (Carl Charalambous).