The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales have increased significantly in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to March 2018 totalled $115.2 million, a substantial increase from the $11.2 million recorded in the three months to December 2017.
The data brings the 12-month total to $560.3 million, a decrease from the $1.423 billion recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the March 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Childers Square at 14 Childers Street, City, a six-storey, A-grade building with two basement levels with parking for 243 cars, 104 bicycles and 30 motorcycles. The building has a net lettable area of 15,704 sqm, comprising 12,796 sqm of office space on the upper levels, 2,158 sqm of ground floor space and 750 sqm for the Canberra Workers Club and was bought for $92.15 million;
- 34 Mort Street, Braddon, two single-storey shop buildings with workshops at rear on a 1,533 sqm block and 36 Mort Street, Braddon, a single and a two-storey building with worksheds and a yard on a 1,530 sqm block, which were bought together for $11.5 million and
- Flax House at 216-228 Cowlishaw Street, Tuggeranong, a two-storey office and showroom building with parking for eight cars on a 1,718 sqm block, which was bought for $3.65 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Lot 3, a 124 sqm commercial suite on ground floor including two car parking spaces and lot 4, a 107 sqm commercial suite on ground floor including two car parking spaces in the Australian Swimming House at 7 Beissell Street, Belconnen are for sale in one line or separately through Civium ACT;
- Lot 12, a 297 sqm ground floor commercial suite including five car parking spaces and a storeroom and lot 13, a 174 sqm ground floor commercial suite including three car parking spaces in the Australian Swimming House at 7 Beissell Street, Belconnen are for sale through LJH Commercial Canberra and
- Unit 41 in Melbourne Building at 28 West Row, City, a 172 sqm ground floor retail suite is for sale through Burgess Rawson.
Leasing opportunities in the March 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 17 Moore at 17 Moore Street, City, a seven-storey office building with three levels of basement parking for 77 cars has a net lettable area of 6,291 sqm which has office space ranging from 45 to 4,847 sqm available for lease through Colliers International – Canberra and Raine & Horne Commercial – Canberra;
- 2 Constitution Avenue, City, a seven-storey office building with two levels of basement parking for 203 cars with a net lettable area 19,835 sqm which has office space ranging from 846 to 6,800 sqm available for lease through JLL Canberra and Knight Frank and
- 64 Northbourne Avenue, City, a four, five and seven-storey office building with ground floor showrooms, internal skylight atrium and one basement level with parking for 33 cars which has office and retail space ranging from 75 to 1,583 sqm available for lease through Knight Frank and JLL Canberra.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe