The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales have increased significantly in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter to June 2018 totalled $187.4 million, an increase from the $115.2 million recorded in the three months to March 2018.
The data brings the 12-month total to $541.6 million, a decrease from the $1.114 billion recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the June 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Part of a pay parking station, partly paved and partly landscaped, located between London Circuit and Vernon Circle, City, on a 26,844 sqm block was bought as a development site for $85 million;
- Belconnen Markets at 10 Lathlain Street, Belconnen, built July 1978 as three rows of single-storey buildings, a large single-storey warehouse building comprising a total of 30 shops, a large market area and parking for 131 cars, upgraded and refurbished in 1997/98 and redeveloped in 2009 and again in 2012, on a 18,890 sqm block, which was bought with vacant land of 4,818 sqm at 2 Ibbott Lane and a car park site of 6,077 sqm at 14 Ibbott Lane (both not covered by Canberra Cityscope) for a total amount if $43.75 million and
- Adina Serviced Apartments Canberra (formerly Aria Hotel Canberra) at 45 Dooring Street, Dickson, an eight-storey, 128 room hotel and serviced apartment building constructed in mid-2010 with onsite parking for 107 vehicles on a 2,691 sqm block, which was bought for $32.4 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the June 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Unit 1, a 91 sqm commercial suite on first floor, Unit 2, a 155 sqm commercial suite on first floor, Unit 3, a 138 sqm commercial suite on first floor, Unit 4, a 146 sqm commercial suite on first floor, Unit 5, a 418 sqm retail space on the ground level and Unit 6, a 62 sqm retail space on the ground level at The Promenade, 68-70 Emu Bank, Belconnen, which are for sale by expressions of interest through Savills and
- Northbourne Flats, one at 2 Forbes Street, Turner, consisting of numerous three-storey blocks of residential units with parking, built in 1958 on a 23,372 sqm block and the other at 65 Henty Street, Braddon, which consists of numerous three-storey blocks of flats with nine units in each, parking and some individual garages also built in 1958 on a 15,607 sqm block, are for sale by tender as a development site through the ACT Government.
Leasing opportunities in the June 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 224 Bunda Street, City, a 12-storey office building, part of Canberra Centre and completed in 1989 with a net lettable area 11,474 sqm and a typical floor about 900 sqm, which has office space ranging from 214 to 7,383 sqm available for lease through JLL Canberra;
- 33 Allara Street, City, an eight-storey commercial building comprising ground level retail space, seven levels of office space and basement parking for 131 cars which has a net lettable area of 9,888 sqm, has office space ranging from 650 to 5,189 sqm available for lease through Colliers International - Canberra and
- Francis Chambers, at 40-46 Corinna Street, Woden, a three-storey office and showroom building with ground floor undercover parking and a net lettable office area 2,878 sqm, has office space ranging from 110 to 1,110 sqm available for lease through Raine & Horne Commercial - Canberra.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe