The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales have decreased in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to September 2018 totalled $99.9 million, a decrease from the $186.5 million recorded in the three months to June 2018. The data brings the 12-month total to $417.9 million, a decrease from the $1.193 billion recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Australia Place at 14 Mort Street, City, an eight-storey office block including two levels of basement car parking for 62 cars, with a net lettable area of 9,384 sqm, which was bought for $55 million;
- 40 Cameron Avenue, Belconnen, a five-storey A-grade office building with a net lettable area of 16,388 sqm and parking for 221 cars, which was bought for $23.9 million; and
- 29-43 Botany Street, Phillip, a single-storey showroom and a car workshop with high-clearance access, on a site of 5,165 sqm, which was bought for $10 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 14 Moore Street, City, a 14-storey B grade office building including basement parking for 79 cars with a net lettable area of 11,047 sqm, which is for sale through Colliers International and CBRE; and
- Woden Centre at 20 Bradley Street, Woden, a three to four-storey office and retail building, on a site of 731 sqm, which is for sale through Colliers International Canberra.
Leasing opportunities in the September 2018 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- CQ Canberra development at 68 Northbourne Avenue, City, to be a 12-storey commercial building comprising ground floor retail, mezzanine office and 11 floors of office space with a net lettable area of 18,000 sqm, which has office space ranging from 214 sqm to 15,945 sqm for pre-lease through Colliers International Canberra;
- 2 Constitution Avenue, City, a seven-storey office building with two levels of basement parking for 203 cars, which has office space ranging from 358 sqm to 4,988 sqm available through JLL Canberra and Knight Frank; and
- 17 Moore Street, City, a seven-storey office building with three levels of basement parking for 77 cars, which has office space ranging from 45 sqm to 4,821 sqm available through Colliers International Canberra and Raine & Horne Commercial Canberra.