The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have decreased in total sales value.
For the quarter to September 2018 there were 21 sales at a total sales value of $174.4 million, compared to the 22 sales at a total value of $258.3 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figure has increased, with 89 sales at a total value of $1.174 billion for the twelve months to September 2018, compared to the 119 sales at a total value of $537.5 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope:
Notable sales in the September 2018 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- The 99-year leasehold, expiring 31 May, 2107, of North Shore Home HQ at 1 Frederick Street, Artarmon, a three-level retail centre with off-street parking for around 500 vehicles and a building area of 22,200 sqm on a site area of 16,200 sqm, which was bought for $140 million;
- The whole building at 27 Hotham Parade, Artarmon comprising of Unit 1, an industrial unit of 1,309 sqm, comprising 442 sqm on the lower ground floor, 540 sqm on the ground floor and 327 sqm on level 1 and Unit 2, an industrial unit of 1,663 sqm, comprising 515 sqm on the lower ground floor, 548 sqm on the ground floor and 552 sqm on level 1, which were bought together for $6.5 million through Property Fox and
- 19 Hotham Parade, Artarmon, a complex of seven warehouse units with basement parking on a site area of 1,502 sqm, which was bought for $5.3 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2018 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- The 99-year leasehold, expiring June 2112, of 67 Albert Avenue, Chatswood, a 15,047 sqm, A-grade 20-level office building comprising 15 levels of office space, a ground floor lobby, a plaza level and parking for 199 cars, which is available through Colliers International and Cushman & Wakefield;
- 465 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a 16-storey, A-grade building comprising commercial office space, a landscaped podium, three levels of basement parking for 235 cars and a separate 2-storey podium with 700 sqm of retail space, which is for sale as part of a portfolio of four commercial assets though JLL Sydney and CBRE Brisbane and
- 546-548 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a two-storey retail building with parking to the rear on a site area of 685 sqm, which is available through Sutton Anderson.
- Leasing opportunities listed in the September 2018 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- Zenith Centre Tower A, 821 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a 21-storey, A-grade building with ground floor retail space, which has office space of 90 to 6,000 sqm available through Knight Frank North Sydney and Cadigal Office Leasing;
- 407 Pacific Highway, Chatswood a four-storey building and a five-storey building connected by a glass pergola and parking for 131 cars, which has office space ranging from 200 to 1,375 sqm available through Hartigan Bolt and
- 12 Frederick Street, St Leonards, an industrial estate comprising 13 office/high-clearance warehouse units in a four-storey complex with 357 parking spaces, which has 100 to 2,200 sqm in a future medical facility available through Sutton Anderson.