The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have decreased dramatically in total sales value, due to the single high value swap deal of Chatswood Chase in the December 2017 update. For the quarter to March 2018 there were 22 sales at a total sales value of $103.4 million, compared to the 24 sales at a total value of $638.3 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have increased, with 101 sales at a total value of $999.1 million for the twelve months to March 2018, compared to the 130 sales at a total value of $736.2 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope.
Notable sales in the March 2018 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- Chatswood Chambers at 815 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a 14-storey office building plus two basement levels of parking for 104 cars with a net lettable area of 7,116 sqm, refurbished in 1988 and 1992, which was bought for $54.5 million;
- 10 McLachlan Avenue, Artarmon, a material recovery and waster transfer facility centre on a 2,314 sqm site, which was bought for $12 million and
- 383 Pacific Highway, Artarmon, a four-storey office building with a net lettable area of 1,785 sqm plus basement and onsite parking for 34 cars, which was bought for $6.466 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2018 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- Unit 1, a three-storey industrial unit comprising 442 sqm on lower ground floor, 540 sqm on the ground floor and 327 sqm on level one, and Unit 2, a three-storey industrial units comprising 515 sqm on the lower ground floor, 548 sqm on the ground floor and 552 sqm on level one, located at 27 Hotham Parade, Artarmon, which are for sale together by auction on 22nd March, 2018 through Property Fox;
- 27-29 Clarendon Street, Artarmon, a single-storey high-clearance warehouse with basement parking via Curry Lane, on a site of 518 sqm, which is available through Sutton Anderson.
Leasing opportunities listed in the March 2018 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- Solitaire at 12 Help Street, Chatswood, a 14-storey office building with curved facade of bronzed glass which was refurbished in 2012, comprising three levels of basement parking for 193 cars, which has office space ranging from 190 sqm to 1,450 sqm available through JLL North Sydney and Cadigal Office Leasing;
- Chatswood Central at 1-5 Railway Street, Chatswood, a retail and office complex consisting of two 12-storey buildings with basement parking for 110 cars - the North and South Towers completed in 1976 and 1980 respectively, two levels of shops, office space and showrooms linking the two buildings, a plaza area to Victoria Street and the Chatswood Railway Station Concourse, which has retail and office space of 90 sqm to 238 sqm available through Hartigan Bolt and
- 586-590 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a two-storey building plus undercover parking with entrance from Fehon Road, which was refurbished in 1993 and reconstructed in mid 1994, has showroom space of 1,728 sqm available through Sutton Anderson.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe