The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have significantly decreased in total sales value. For the quarter to March 2019 there were 17 sales at a total sales value of $28.2 million, compared to the 24 sales at a total value of $381.4 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figure has decreased, with 84 sales at a total value of $842.2 million for the twelve months to March 2019, compared to the 102 sales at a total value of $1.007 billion for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope:
Notable sales in the March 2019 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- Unit 1, a 162 sqm retail unit plus a double car space on ground floor, Unit 2, a 358 sqm commercial unit on level 1 plus a total of 7 car space, Unit 3, a 58 sqm commercial unit on level 1 plus a double car space, Unit 4, a 328 sqm commercial unit on level 2 plus a total of 7 car space and Unit 5, a 78 sqm commercial unit on level 2 plus a double car space in Monarch House at 24 Thomas Street, Chatswood, which were bought together for $9 million;
- 302 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a single-storey brick shop with two car spaces to the rear on a site of 188 sqm, which was bought for $4.5 million; and
- Lot 18 in North Shore Business Centre at 76 Reserve Road, Artarmon, a 307 sqm industrial/commercial unit, comprising 141-sqm area on level two and 166-sqm area on level three of Block A plus a total of 5 car spaces, which was bought for $2 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2019 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 3 Broadcast way, Artarmon
A vacant land of 3,840 sqm, which is available through GJS Property and Knight Frank North Sydney;
- 70 Hampden Road, Artarmon, part of Gibsons Buildings
A two-storey brick building with car parking to the rear with a building area of 190 sqm. Extensively altered and refurbished in late 1993, which is available through Chadwick Real Estate Turramurra/St Ives; and
- Lot 12 in The Archer at 63A Archer Street, Chatswood
A commercial unit of 85 sqm on level 1 plus a car space in basement level, which is available through Shead Property.
Leasing opportunities listed in the March 2019 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- Orana at 147 Sailors Bay Road, Northbridge
, a five-storey mixed use residential/commercial building with 24 units and two levels basement car parking for 52 vehicles, completed early 2019, which has retail space ranging from 61 to 288 sqm available through Richardson & Wrench North Sydney;
- 9 Help Street, Chatswood
An eight-storey office building with basement parking for 140 cars, completed early 1991 and upgraded in 2010, which has office space ranging from 12 to 1,250 sqm available through Knight Frank North Sydney, Colliers International North Sydney and Instant Offices; and
- 18 Herbert Street, Artarmon
A two-storey brick building with a showroom on the ground floor and offices above and a two-storey brick and corrugated iron warehouse extension behind, which has office space ranging from 500 to 1,282 sqm available through PropertyFox Sydney CBD.