The latest research from Docklands Cityscope shows that commercial property sales value have decreased significantly with 8 sales at a total value of $2.9 million, compared to the 9 sales at a total value of $12.2 million for the previous quarter. This brings the 12-month total to $328.4 million from 43 sales, a large decrease from the $1.63 billion of 53 sales for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Docklands Cityscope.
Notable strata sales in the January 2020 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- Unit 110WB at Waterfront City Stage 1, 439 Docklands Drive, a retail unit on the ground floor in the west building currently tenanted by Fish Market Live Seafood, which was bought for $800,000;
- Unit GF08 at Village Docklands, 9 Village Street, a ground floor shop of 76 sqm, which was bought for $486,000 and
- Lot 410A, known as unit 410 at Life.lab, 198 Harbour Esplanade, a commercial unit comprising 82 sqm office space on level 4 plus two balconies to the east with a total of 4 sqm and 1 tandem car park on car park level 1, which sold for $335,000.
Commercial/retail units and properties listed as for sale in the January 2020 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- Towers 2, 3 and 4 at the World Trade Centre, also known as WTC Wharf, at 18-38 Siddeley Street. Tower 2 is a 12-storey tower with two showrooms to the foyer; Tower 3 is a 14-storey concrete building with a ground floor showroom and Tower 4 is a 15-storey office tower with a one and two-storey extension towards the river. The three towers span almost 50,000 sqm of net lettable area and are for sale through Savills Sydney, Savills Melbourne and Savills Canberra.
- Suite 1406 in the Aquavista Tower at 401 Docklands Drive, a 46 sqm office suite on level 14, north corner of the building, which is for sale through Century 21 Reach – Balwyn and
- Lot 11, known as shop 11, at Lifestyle Working Collins Street, 838 Collins Street, a retail unit on ground level, which is for sale with an asking price of $800,000 through Elite Real Estate Leasing
Leasing opportunities listed in the January 2020 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- 1000 La Trobe Street development, to be an A-grade tower of 23-storeys and 40,000 sqm with an average floor plate of 2,100 sqm and parking for 460 cars, has office space ranging from 2,100 to 38,900 sqm for pre-lease in the future building available through JLL Melbourne and Colliers International Melbourne;
- 717 Bourke Street, an 18 level office building completed late 2010 with a total net lettable area of 37,000 sqm and a link by pedestrian bridge over Wurundjeri Way to Southern Cross Station, has office space on level 11 of 2,993 sqm, level 12 of 3,047 sqm and level 13 of 2,914 sqm available through Savills – Melbourne and CBRE and
- One Melbourne Quarter at 699 Collins Street, a 13-storey commercial building of 26,400 sqm with retail premises on the ground floor and a 2,000 sqm elevated sky park built above Collins Street, which has office space ranging from 309 to 539 sqm available through JLL Melbourne.