The latest research from Eastern Sydney Cityscope shows property sales have decreased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter to October 2017 totalled $127.9 million, a decrease from the $155.3 million recorded in the quarter to July 2017 and a decrease from the $141 million recorded in the quarter to April 2017. This data brings the 12 month total to $805.8 million, almost double from the $408.5 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Eastern Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales listed in the October 2017 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 2 Bay Street, Double Bay, a single-storey building and 298 New South Head Road, Double Bay, a two-and-three-storey building with off-street parking, which were bought together for $21.25 million;
- 134-138 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach, a three-storey building with a shop at street level on land of 417 sqm, was bought for $18.25 million through Colliers International and
- Rowell's Buildings, at 95-99 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction a two-storey brick building with two ground floor retail units on a block of 412 sqm, which was bought for $11.25 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the October 2017 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 235 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, a two-storey brick building on land of 547 sqm and 237-239 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, a two-storey building with showroom and office space and a site area of 1,193 sqm offered together as a development site through Knight Frank Sydney;
- 179 Bondi Road, Bondi, a two-storey brick building with ground level retail space and a two bedroom residential apartment above, to be auctioned October 26, 2017 through Richardson & Wrench (Bondi Beach) and
- The former Taylor Square Hotel, at 1-5 Flinders Street, Surry Hills, a three-storey Federation commercial building, built in 1910 and with a net lettable area of 923 sqm available through CBRE Sydney.
Leasing opportunities listed in the October 2017 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 344 Oxford Street, Paddington, a two-storey brick and tile building with ground level retail space and office space upstairs, has retail space of 426 sqm on the ground floor available through Khoury & Partners Parramatta;
- 14 Wentworth Avenue, Surry Hills, a three-storey building which has 383 sam office space for lease through The Edge Property Agency – Darlinghurst and
- 100 William Street, Woolloomooloo, a 24-storey, 29,850-sqm office building with basement parking, has office space ranging from 60 to 200 sqm available through CI Australia.