The latest research from Eastern Sydney Cityscope shows property sales’ value has decreased in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to July 2020 totalled $44.2 million, a decrease from the $115.8 million recorded in the quarter to April 2020 and a decrease from the $74.9 million recorded in the quarter to January 2020.
This data brings the 12 month total to $410.7 million, a decrease from the $441.4 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Eastern Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales listed in the July 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 18 Transvaal Avenue, Double Bay, a 3-storey complex comprising lot 2, a 2-storey 3-bedroom residence upstairs to the rear (not covered by Eastern Sydney Cityscope) and lot 1, a 164 sqm retail space on the ground level, which sold together for $7.5 million;
- 94 Ebley Street, Bondi Junction, a 2-storey building with parking to the rear on a block of 345 sqm, sold for $6.735 million through Ray White Bondi Junction and
- 101 Bondi Road, Bondi, a 2-storey brick building comprising ground level retail space, a residential apartment upstairs and parking to the rear, which sold for $6.25 million through Pillinger - Double Bay. The sale represented an initial yield of 4.06% on a passing income of $254,000 (n).
Properties listed as for sale in the July 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- Trust House at 84 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, a 3-storey office building with basement parking for 17 cars; Kimberley House at 90 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, a 3-storey office building of 956 sqm, refurbished mid-1997 and 9 and 15 Mona Road, Darling Point (not covered by Eastern Sydney Cityscope) available together as a development site with expectations of $25 million plus through JLL Sydney;
- 277 Bronte Road, Waverley, a 2-storey brick building built circa 1890s and refurbished in early 2007, available with an asking price of $2.2 million through Cushman & Wakefield Sydney and
- 36-38 Wentworth Street, Surry Hills, a three-storey building, which last traded in 1996 at $1.1 million, available through CBRE Sydney.
Leasing opportunities listed in the July 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 54-66 Wentworth Street, Surry Hills, a nine-storey commercial building with retail on the ground floor and two mezzanine levels with parking for 23 cars, which has office space of 645 sqm on level 3 available through W T Newey & Co;
- Lightrium, 54-58 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, a six-storey office building with ground floor retail, which has office space ranging from 15 to 602 sqm available through Karbon Property Sydney and
- Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach Sydney, 61-79 Hall Street, Bondi Beach, a nine-level building comprising 4,299 sqm gross retail and commercial space on ground and lower ground levels, known as The Hub and 113 serviced apartments known as the Adina Serviced Apartments, which has retail space of 143 sqm available through Precinct Retail.