The latest research from Macquarie Park Cityscope shows property sales value for the three months to February 2020 has decreased significantly from the preceding quarter.
Sales recorded in the quarter ending February 2020 totalled $149 million, a decrease from the $491.4 million recorded in the three months to November 2019 and the $152.5 million recorded in the three months to August 2019.
For the year ending February 2020, there were 122 sales at a total value of $836.7 million, a large increase compared to 55 sales at a total value of $533.3 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Macquarie Park Cityscope.
Notable sales in the February 2020 update of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- 1 Sirius Road, Lane Cove West, the site for the AirTrunk Data Centre SYD2 development, to be a 4-storey 10 MW IT load data centre comprising 35,144 sqm gross floor area, 3,964 sqm office space, 528 sqm loading docks, 21 car parking spaces, which was bought for $46.875 million;
- The Precinct Corporate Centre, at 1 Richardson Place, North Ryde, part of the Riverside Corporate Park, a 4-storey commercial and research building with a net lettable area of 4,258 sqm and basement and external parking for 103 cars, built by Leda Holdings and completed in December 1999, which was bought for $44.74 million and
- 12 Waterloo Road, North Ryde, a 4-storey commercial building with a net lettable area of 3,887 sqm and 91 car parking spaces, built in 1999, which was bought for $25.93 million.
Properties for sale in Macquarie Park Cityscope in February 2020 include:
- Four strata suites on ground level of Ryde Garden, a three-building complex of 23, 27 and 13 storeys, at 1–5 Netwoork Place, North Ryde, currently leased by the Kids Planet Academy, being Unit 1, 148 sqm, Unit 2, 694 sqm, Unit 3, 132 sqm, and Unit 4, 132 sqm, are offered for sale through Savills and
- Shop 10 on the ground floor in The Pinnacle, a 28-level residential building at 7 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes, a 105 sqm retail premise on the ground floor to Rider Boulevard and 17 sqm parking and storage in the basement, which is for sale by auction through Cushman & Wakefield – Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the February 2020 of Macquarie Park Cityscope include:
- 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes, a 10-storey commercial building with ground floor retail and four levels of basement parking for 495 vehicles, which has office space ranging from 725 to 10,500 sqm available through CBRE Western Sydney;
- 2 Apollo Place, Lane Cove West, a three-storey office building with basement parking, a warehouse and a park are to the rear, which has office space ranging from 700 to 4,287 sqm available through Hartigan Bolt and CBRE North Sydney and
- 4-6 Hill Road, Lidcombe, a high-clearance warehouse with a two-level office section facing Hill Road and loading docks to the rear, which has warehouse space of 6,800sqm, 8,200 sqm and 15,000 sqm available through CBRE Sydney.