The latest research from Richmond Cityscope shows that both the property sales number and value have increased in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to August 2021 totaled $43.5 million with 12 sales, an increase from the $36.2 million recorded in the three months to May 2021 and from the $29.7 million recorded in the three months to February 2021.
This data brings the 12-month total to $144.3 million from 27 sales, a decrease from the $296.9 million from 42 sales recorded for the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Richmond Cityscope.
Recent standout sales in Richmond include:
- 175 Burnley Street, Richmond, vacant land of 1,985 sqm which was bought for close to $17 million through Colliers International Melbourne East and Vinci Carbone;
- 393 Bridge Road, Richmond, a single-level former brick service station converted to an office and surrounded by paved land with parking for around fifteen vehicles on a 753 sqm block which was bought for around $8 million through JLL Melbourne and
- 558-562 Swan Street, Richmond, a three-storey concrete and glass commercial building of 1,134 sqm comprising 455 sqm on ground floor, 460 sqm of office space on level 1 and 219 sqm 4-bedroom apartment on the top floor. There is also a ground floor loading dock plus secure undercover parking for nine vehicles on a site area of 566 sqm, which was bought for $5.984 million through Gray Johnson.
Properties for sale in Richmond in August 2021 include:
- 30-32 Swan Street, Richmond, a two-level brick Victorian building, with a single-level section to the rear. Building area 150 sqm plus ground rear storage. There is parking for 2 cars on rear land on a 214 sqm block, which is for sale through Belle Property Commercial – South Melbourne;
- 322-324 Lennox Street, Richmond, a two-level brick retail building, with a single-level weatherboard house to 19 Botherambo Street. There is parking for 2 cars on paved land to the centre of the property. Building area 320 sqm on a 353 sqm block, which is for sale through Teska Carson and Moss Property Consultants and
- 200 Bridge Road, Richmond, a two-level brick building with a shop at street level, and a single-level brick section to the rear with parking for one car in a galvanized iron garage to the rear on a 130 sqm block, which is for sale through Pagan Real Estate – Travancore.
Significant leasing opportunities in Richmond in August 2021:
- Jolimont Corporate Centre, at 176 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne, an office building of 14 levels including a basement and a street-level shop, built 1978. There is parking for 64 cars in the basement and space for another 21 cars in a rear yard. Building area 6,517 sqm; which has office space of 365 sqm on level 1, 594 sqm on each levels 3, 9 & 10 available for lease through Colliers International – Melbourne East and JLL Melbourne;
- Botanicca 3 at 570 Swan Street, Burnley, building 3 in Botanicca Corporate Park, comprising of a 7-storey and an 8-storey buildings known as East and West Towers, with total net lettable of 19,240 sqm; which has office space of 1,328 sqm on level 1 west, 2,068 sqm on levels 2 west and 2,092 on level 3 west available for lease through Colliers International – Melbourne East and JLL Metro Market and
- 19 Newton Street, Cremorne, a two-storey commercial building of 345 sqm which is available for lease through Colliers International Melbourne East.