The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to March 2018 have increased in terms of value. Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $271.4 million from 34 sales, as compared to the $231.2 million from 38 sales in the quarter to December 2017 and the $182.5 million from 42 sales recorded in the quarter to September 2017.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $1.194 billion from 173 sales, a decrease from the $1.546 billion from 203 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the March 2018 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- An industrial property at 2-6 Moore Street, Banksmeadow, comprising a large factory building of several storeys high, a two-storey office building and another factory/warehouse, parking and loading areas and landscaping, on a site of 44,060 sqm, which was bought for $72.43 million;
- 205 Euston Road, Alexandria, part of Euston Business Park, a modern four-storey office building of 3,494 sqm and a large high-clearance warehouse of 3,786 sqm to the rear, constructed in the mid-1990s, which was bought for $55 million; and
- 11 Bowden Street, Alexandria, a four-storey commercial building with ground level parking for 55 cars, retail shop at ground level, completed in 2017, with a net lettable area of 5,686 sqm on a site of 2,627 sqm, which was bought for $48.85 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2018 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- A vacant industrial site of 5.751 hectare at Stephen Road, the site of former Mobil’s Botany Terminal, which is for sale through JLL Mascot and JLL Sydney;
- 571-573 Gardeners Road, Mascot, a brick two-storey office building with rear storage yard and metal fabricated workshop, on a site of 2,789 sqm, which is for sale through Knight Frank Sydney South; and
- 10-12 Sarah Street, Mascot, a two-storey high-clearance brick warehouse with ground floor and mezzanine level office space with a total building are of 410 sqm on a site of 544 sqm; which is for sale by auction through Raine & Horne Commercial South Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the March 2018 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 40 Ricketty Street, Mascot, a showroom, office and warehouse building, four storeys to Ricketty Street and three to Ossary Street, which has office space from 1,152 sqm to 6,714 sqm available through LJ Hooker Commercial;
- Botany Bay Industrial Estate at 2-12 Beauchamp Road, Banksmeadow, a complex of 15 units in five warehouse buildings with mezzanine offices, which has industrial/warehouse and office space of 3,462 sqm available through Goodman Australia and
- Stage three of the Connect Corporate Centre development at 189 O’Riordan Street, Mascot, has office space ranging from 500 sqm to 10,071 sqm for pre-lease through Cushman & Wakefield Sydney, Goodman Australia and JLL Mascot.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe