The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to June 2018 have increased in terms of value. Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $278.44 million from 44 sales, as compared to the $271.4 million from 34 sales in the quarter to March 2018 and the $227.7 million from 36 sales recorded in the quarter to December 2017.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $956.9 million from 156 sales, a reasonably large decrease from the $1.762 billion from 208 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the June 2018 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- East Tower in the Connection Corporate Centre at 185 O'Riordan Street, Mascot, an 11-storey building comprising of 6 levels of above ground car parking and 5 levels of offices with a building area of 13,054 sqm, which was bought for approximately $56.5 million;
- 15-21 Doody Street, Alexandria, a four-storey connecting building plus a basement level for 86 cars on a block of 5,820 sqm, which was bought for $40 million through Durrant Furneaux and
- Paramount Estate, 6-8 Huntley Street, Alexandria, a complex of brick high-clearance warehouses with ground floor showrooms, mezzanine offices and on-grade parking comprising of unit 1, unit 2, unit 3 and unit 4 on a site area of 6,168 sqm, which was bought for $33.5 million through CBRE South Sydney and CBRE (Sydney).
Properties listed as for sale in the June 2018 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Kennedy Business Park at 247 King Street, Mascot, a mixed office/warehouse precinct made up of two buildings: Block A, fronting King Street, comprises a three-level office building attached to a large high-clearance warehouse; Block B, to the rear, comprises a two-level office building with rooftop parking, plus a large high-clearance warehouse and 263 King Street, Mascot, a two-storey high-clearance warehouse building and a three-level office building with paved car parking to the rear, which are available for sale together through Colliers International Sydney South and
- Part of South Sydney Corporate Park at 126-136 Bourke Road, Alexandria, a complex of high-clearance warehouses with ground and mezzanine office areas with a net lettable area 8,857 sqm, which is for sale through Colliers International Sydney South.
Leasing opportunities in the June 2018 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- Travelodge Hotel Sydney Airport at 293 King Street, Mascot, a 13-storey commercial building with a 246-bedroom hotel on levels one to six, office space on levels seven to twelve, retail space on ground and mezzanine floor plus a 6-storey public car park with a total of 800 bays, which has office space from 20 to 3,300 sqm available through LJ Hooker Commercial South Sydney, JLL Mascot and Knight Frank - Sydney South;
- Alexandria Industrial Estate at 35-39 Bourke Road, Alexandria, ten single and two-storey high-clearance warehouse buildings with office areas and 319 car spaces, has office and warehouse space of 396 to 2,405 sqm available through JLL Mascot and Goodman Australia and
- Discovery Cove Industrial Estate at 1801 Botany Road, Banksmeadow, a complex of warehouse buildings with mezzanine and two and three-storey office sections, which has office space of 477 to 3,726 sqm available through Goodman Australia, Colliers International Sydney South and JLL Mascot.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe