The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to December 2020 have increase in terms of total value.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $215.6 million from 26 sales, as compared to the $108 million from 29 sales in the quarter to September 2020 and from the $98.8 million from 36 sales recorded in the quarter to June 2020.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $900.9 million from 142 sales, a decrease from the $1.197 billion from 191 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the December 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 520-530 Gardeners Road, Alexandria, a high clearance warehouse building with large paved parking area for 238 cars on a 18,990 sqm site and building area of 8,206 sqm, which was bought for $70 million;
- 27-33 Mandible Street, Alexandria, a paved bus parking yard of 5,823 sqm and 28-30 Mandible Street, Alexandria, a bus depot with a high-clearance workshop, garage, a single-storey office building and a yard on a 4,053 sqm block, which were bought for $53.5 million and
- 151 - 163 Wyndham Street, Alexandria, comprising two high clearance brick warehouses and a two-storey building with warehouse space on the ground level and office space upstairs and there is parking to the front for 30 cars. Total building area is 3855 sqm on a 2,798 sqm block, which was bought for $29.7 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the December 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 81-83 Corish Circle, Banksmeadow, a 2,482 sqm of freehold industrial land comprising of lot 1 with 1,189 sqm and lot 2 with 1,292 sqm, which is available through LJ Hooker Commercial South Sydney;
- Unit 44 in South Sydney Technology Park at 41-51 Huntley Street, Alexandria, an 111-sqm industrial unit comprising 31 sqm on the ground level and 53 sqm on level 1, plus a 26-sqm car space and a loading dock on the ground level and a 1-sqm balcony on level 1, which is available through Savills – South Sydney and
- 19 - 21 Byrnes Street, Botany, a three-storey brick building comprising high-clearance warehouse, office and parking on ground level, mezzanine office space, two showrooms, storage space and a five-bedroom unit on the first floor and a rooftop terrace, with a total building area of 2,484 sqm, which is available through Colliers International Sydney South.
Leasing opportunities in the December 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 160 Bourke Road, Alexandria, part of South Sydney Corporate Park comprising a series of three 2-storey warehouse and office buildings and a seven-level car park to the south, which has warehouse/office space ranging from 10 to 3,021 sqm for lease through Goodman Australia;
- Euston Distribution Centre at 134-148 Euston Road, Alexandria, a 2-storey warehouse/office building, built around 1985 with a net lettable area of about 7,014 sqm comprising of 5,620 sqm warehouse space and 1,480 sqm office space and on-site parking for 70 cars, which has warehouse space ranging from 2,304 to 6,918 sqm for lease through Goodman Australia and
- 69-71 Bourke Road, Alexandria, a large high-clearance warehouse built in 1996, to the south of the site a two-storey office building and a commercial car park. Building area is 12,490 sqm, which has warehouse space of 3,028 sqm for lease through Link Property Services and Colliers International Sydney South.