The latest research from South Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to June 2020 have decreased in both total value and sales numbers.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $96.8 million from 35 sales, as compared to the $478.5 million from 51 sales in the quarter to March 2020 and from the $352.1 million from 33 sales recorded in the quarter to December 2019.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $1.266 billion from 192 sales, a decrease from the $1.602 billion from 148 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of South Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the June 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 78 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria, a brick warehouse plus showroom to the street with a newer high-clearance warehouse to the rear and parking for 12 cars, with a building area of 3,609 sqm on a site of 4,519 sqm; which was bought for $23.1 million in a deal handled by Colliers International Sydney South;
- 71 Corish Circle, Hillsdale, a high-clearance warehouse with mezzanine office space and parking for five cars to the front, completed in early 2007, with a gross floor area of 3,398 sqm on a site of 3,901 sqm, which was bought for $15.88 million; and
- 1611 Botany Road, Botany, a brick warehouse/factory building with mezzanine office and parking for 7 cars to the front, on a site of 746 sqm, was bought together with 1615 Botany Road, Botany (not covered by Cityscope) for $8.75 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the June 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 28 and 30 Burrows Road, St Peters, comprising a high-clearance workshop with ten bays, a yard for parking, a brick warehouse and wash by and a yard for scaffold storage on a block land of 7,961 sqm, which is for sale separately or in one line through Colliers International Sydney South
- 1581 Botany Road, Botany, a single-storey brick office with a paved yard, a large covered parking and workshop area. The property with a net lettable area of 746 sqm and a site area of 2,390 sqm, is available for sale through LJ Hooker Commercial South Sydney; and
- Unit 4 in the 3-storey commercial building at 85 Bourke Road, Alexandria, a total area of 220 sqm unit comprising 60 sqm on level 1, 69 sqm on level 2, 91 sqm of two terraces on level 3 plus two car spaces of 24 sqm and 35 sqm on the ground level, which is for sale with an asking price of $1.75 million through Colliers International Sydney South.
Leasing opportunities in the June 2020 update of South Sydney Cityscope include:
- 20-40 Rosebery Avenue, Rosebery, two high-clearance warehouse with two-level office sections facing Rosebery Avenue, which has warehouse/office space of 4,091 sqm in building A available through Link Property Services;
- The Woolstores Alexandria at 4D Huntley Street, Alexandria, a set of three 2-storey woolsheds originally built in 1940, refurbished in 2014 and converted into a 9,956 sqm office complex, which has office space of 1,488 sqm in shed 72 available through Savills – South Sydney; and
- 1 Chalmers Crescent, Mascot, currently a high-clearance brick warehouse building with mezzanine office with a building, which has a development approval for a commercial building comprising retail, office space and car parking, has office space of 12,000 sqm in the future development for pre-lease through Colliers International Sydney South.