The latest research from St Kilda Road Cityscope shows property sales’ value has decreased in the past three months.
For the three months to April 2020, there were 146 sales at a total value of $106.4 million, a decrease from 146 sales at a total value of $275.5 million from the previous quarter. This data brings the 12-month total to $870.7 million from 691 sales, a decrease from the $965.1 million from 957 sales recorded over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of St Kilda Road Cityscope.
Recent sales in April 2020 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 462 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, built in 1890 for bootmaker Leon Cohen, and significantly altered early in the 1900s. The building is all that remains of a sixteen-roomed single storey brick and stucco house now retaining only its principal rooms. The facade, of a Greek revival style unusual to Melbourne, is decorated with low reliefs on classical themes. The property was sold for $6.6 million through Allard & Shelton and
- Pembroke Terrace, 355 Moray Street, South Melbourne, a 2-storey brick house built in 1865, altered in 1962 and refurbished in 1999 with a single-storey brick extension to the rear and a paved parking area for two cars to the lane, was sold for $2.381 million through Marshall White.
Properties listed for sale in the April 2020 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 8 - 12 Sandilands Street, South Melbourne, a 2-storey office building comprising of Unit 1, on the ground level, southern side; Unit 2, on the ground level, eastern side; Unit 3, on the ground level, northern side; Unit 4, on level 1, southern side; Unit 5, level 1, eastern side and Unit 6, level 1, northern side for sale together through CBRE Melbourne;
- Unit 101, the whole of the first floor at 63 Stead Street, South Melbourne, a 570 sqm commercial unit with 17 car spaces, for sale through Colliers International and
- Lot 1R at Opera Melbourne, 450 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a retail space of 301 sqm on the ground level including an alfresco area of 105 sqm plus car parking on basement level 1, for sale through Melbourne Commercial Office Sales & Leasing.
Significant leasing opportunities listed in the April 2020 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 390 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a 23-storey office building with two ground-floor showrooms to the foyer and parking for 212 cars over five basement levels has a whole floor of 757 sqm commercial space available through Savills and Lemon Baxter;
- 484 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, a 16-storey office building with two levels of basement parking plus 30 more parking spaces on paved land to the rear, for a total of 225 spaces, has office space of 873 sqm for lease through Colliers International and
- 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, an office building of ten storeys to the front, five to the rear, with two large ground-floor showrooms and a 472-space basement car parking area, has office space of 1,486 sqm on level one available through Knight Frank Eastern Office and Knight Frank Melbourne.