The latest research from St Kilda Road Cityscope shows property sales have increased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter ending October 2016 totalled $105.9 million from 119 sales, an increase from the 99 sales totalling $70 million recorded to July 2016. This data brings the 12-month total to $517.7 million from 504 sales, a decrease from the $933.8 million from 780 sales recorded over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of St Kilda Road Cityscope.
Notable sales in the October 2016 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- Dimension Data Building, at 11-17 Dorcas Street, South Melbourne, a six-level office building including a rooftop balcony, recreation area and a 32-space lower ground car parking station, completed about 1982 and refurbished last in 2000, which was bought for $23.28 million through CBRE Melbourne;
- Raglan Place, at 19-25 Raglan Street, South Melbourne, a four-storey concrete building with a 21-space car parking area on the ground floor, built 1982 and officially opened in 1994, which was bought for $7 million through Colliers International Melbourne and Colliers International Melbourne East; and
- 31 Coventry Street, Southbank, a three-storey office building, constructed in 1967 and refurbished in 1997, which was bought for $5.53 million through Colliers International Melbourne.
Properties listed as for sale in the October 2016 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- 457 St Kilda Road, an eight-storey office building with parking for 114 cars, on a 3,035-sqm site, via expressions of interest closing October 18, 2016, through CBRE Melbourne and Teska Carson;
- NLC Building, at 102 Albert Road, South Melbourne, a six-storey office building with parking space for 106 cars on a 1,850-sqm site, via expressions of interest through Knight Frank Melbourne and Knight Frank Glen Waverley; and
- APESMA Building, a nine-storey office building with a parking area on the ground floor with 39 spaces; completed 1973, refurbished 1989, on a 750- sqm site, via international expressions of interest closing October 12, 2016 through CBRE.
Leasing opportunities in the October 2016 update of St Kilda Road Cityscope include:
- Ansvar House, formerly ANL House, a 13-storey concrete office building with a two-level, 124-space basement car parking area, completed mid-1984, at 432 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, which has office space of 265 to 1,474 sqm available through JLL Melbourne;
- 468 St Kilda Road, a 13-storey office building, formerly Local Authorities Super Building, with basement parking for 111 cars, completed 1986, which has office space of 236 to 1,746 sqm available through Colliers International Melbourne and Thorburn Commercial Property;
- 492 St Kilda Road, a 13-storey office building with ground-floor showrooms and a two-level basement car parking area with 161 spaces, completed in 1971, which has office space of 75 to 717 sqm available through Lemon Baxter and Knight Frank Melbourne; and
- 616 St Kilda Road, an 11-storey office building with lower ground-floor parking plus a 3-storey car parking station at the rear of the site to Queens Lane, and outdoor car parking also to Queens Lane, for a total of parking for 229 cars, completed 1980, which has office space of 260 to 1,800 sqm available through CBRE Melbourne and Lemon Baxter.