The latest research from Sydney Cityscope shows that Sydney CBD commercial property sales for the three months ending August 2017 have largely increased in total value from the preceding quarter. There were 102 sales recorded for the most recent quarter with a total value of $2.227 billion, as compared to the 73 sales for a total of $791.5 million for the quarter ending May 2017 and the 93 sales for a total of $1.213 billion for the quarter ending February 2017.
For the year ending August 2017, there were 372 sales recorded for a total of $5.236 billion, compared to the 384 sales for a total of $6.967 billion for the year ending August 2016.
The table below shows sales recorded for the last eight updates of Sydney Cityscope:
Recent notable sales in Sydney Cityscope in August 2017 include:
- The half share in MLC Centre at 19 Martin Place, Sydney, a 67-level office and retail complex, the tallest building in Australia when completed in 1978. The building comprises 67,100 sqm office space and 10,300 sqm retail space and four basement levels of parking for 308 cars, which sold in two separate transactions for $361.3 million for each 25% interest;
- An 80% interest in three properties being Jacksons on George at 176 George Street, afour-storey retail building including basement level with gross floor area of 1,835 sqm; 182 George Street, a 15-storey office building with a net lettable office area of 13,277 sqm and parking for 26 cars; and The Atrium at 33-35 Pitt Street, Sydney, two 12-storey buildings sited in a V-shape and connected by an eight-level glass covered atrium, providing a combined net lettable area of 13,066 sqm, with public parking for 230 cars and a service station, which sold for $300 million; and
- 320 Pitt Street, Sydney, formerly known as Telstra Plaza Building, a 32-storey office tower comprising ground floor retail space, two foyer levels and 29 levels of office space providing a net lettable area of 29,159 sqm, completed in 1989 and refurbished in 2010, which was sold for $275 million. The sale represented an initial yield of 6.26% on passing income of $17,215,000.
Properties for sale in Sydney Cityscope in August 2017 include:
- CLSA House at 20 Hunter Street, Sydney, a 20-level commercial and retail building consisting of two basement parking levels for 17 cars, ground floor retail space , offices on levels 1 to 16 and plant on level 17, with a building area of 10,111 sqm including 9,662 sqm office and 449 sqm retail, which is available through Inc RE and Colliers International;
- 9 Hunter Street, a 21-level 15,793 sqm office tower with a one-level gymnasium and sports centre, completed in 1983 and lobby renovated in 2014, which is available through JLL Sydney and CBRE Sydney; and
- Swire House at 10 Spring Street, a 17-level building comprising 14 levels of office space, two retail levels and basement parking for 47 cars, with a net lettable area of 13,871 sqm, which is for sale by expressions of interest closing 14 September 2017 through Savills and Inc RE.
Properties with space for lease in Sydney Cityscope in August 2017 include:
- Pavilion on George and former HSBC Centre at 580 George Street, a 37-level building comprising 31 office levels, 3 retail levels and 3 basement parking levels for 141 cars, with 373,000 lettable office space, 4,200 sqm retail space, which has office space from 375 sqm to 6,385 sqm through Colliers International Sydney, JLL and Cook Wish Ellison and retail space available through CBRE Sydney and Colliers International Sydney;
- The former QBE Building at 80 Pitt Street, a 14-storey office and retail building which is currently under an extensive refurbishment of levels 2 to 13, has refurbished office space ranging from 110 sqm to 10,500 for lease through JLL Sydney;
- Chifley Tower at 2 Chifley Square, an office and retail tower comprising 44 floors plus four basement parking levels for 390 cars, completed in 1992 with the podium building completed early 1994, which has office space ranging from 92 sqm to 3,852 sqm available through Colliers International Sydney; and
- Treehouse at 227 Elizabeth Street, a 24-storey office building comprising retail space on ground and lower ground floors, two levels of basement parking for 65 cars and office space on upper levels, which has office space ranging from 185 sqm to 3,907 sqm available through CBRE Sydney and Colliers International Sydney.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe