The latest research from Sydney Units Cityscope shows that apartment sales in Sydney’s CBD have decreased both in number and total sales value in the last quarter. Sales recorded for three months to October 2019, were 577 sales at a total value of $747.5 million, a decrease from the 821 sales at a total value of $1.29 billion recorded for the quarter to July 2019. The following off-the-plan sales of three buildings are included in this update.
- SE1 at Darling Square, 82 Hay Street,
- SE2 at Darling Square, 70 Tumbalong Boulevard,
- SE3 at Darling Square, 88 Hay Street.
The yearly figures have increased significantly in total sales value and number, with 1,911 sales at a total value of $2.677 billion for the twelve months to October 2019, compared to 738 sales at a total value of $973 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Sydney Units Cityscope:
Notable sales in the October 2019 update of Sydney Units Cityscope include:
- Lot 16, known as Unit 402 at SE3, Darling Square, 88 Hay Street, Haymarket
A north-east facing 55 sqm residential apartment including a balcony plus a 1 sqm storage area on level 4, which sold off the plan for $7.9 million;
- Lot 356, known as Unit 3902 at NE3, Darling Square, 81 Harbour Street, Haymarket
A 171 sqm apartment with two north facing balconies on level thirty-nine plus a 27 sqm car space on level one and a 3 sqm storage area on ground level, which sold off the plan for $5.35 million;
- Unit 3103, Quay West, 96-100 Gloucester Street, The Rocks
A 167 sqm harbourside, three bedroom unit, including a balcony, on the thirty-first floor, which sold with 2 car spaces for $4.915 million and
- Unit 2102 at Observatory Tower, 168 Kent Street, Sydney
A 164 sqm three bedroom unit with study, including balcony; on the northern side of level twenty-one, which sold with one car space for $4.6 million.