As bushfires continue to rage in NSW, many want to show their support, whether it be through donations of money, household goods or time. This blog is dedicated to communicating information to those NSW residents that have been affected by the recent fires. If you have friends or family members that have been affected please pass on this information. The more information on the support offered to residents the faster help can be reached out.
- Direct your affected friends, family or clients to bank websites that have posted useful information on disaster relief:
- Insurance companies have also set up information on their websites to assist:
- The FBAA has arranged a collection of clothes, goods and vouchers for the victims of the New South Wales bushfires and is asking brokers across Australia to support the move. In an article in Australian Broker Online, FBAA CEO Peter White says the association will send all collected goods on Friday to the Penrith RSL sub branch, where staff and volunteers will distribute them directly to families in need. Brokers can send goods to the FBAA National Office – First floor, 386 Logan Rd, Stones Corner QLD 4120.
- For NSW residents in particular, the Penrith RSL, at the foot of the Blue Mountains, is accepting tinned and non-perishable food items, clothing and furniture at collection points in the Tindale Street foyer.
- The Salvation Army has also launched a Bushfire Appeal. Salvation Army Emergency Service crews are also on hand in fire affected areas, manning evacuation centres and serving meals to residents and emergency service personnel.
The devastation bushfires caused to lives, communities and properties is hard to accept. While the road to recovery can be slow, when we come together and find ways to contribute and assist, either as a corporate entity or an individual, the whole community benefits. Touch base with those loved ones, close friends and family and stay safe.