RP Data Professional: Mapping
Powerful property mapping with data overlays
The mapping inside RP Data Professional doesn’t just let you see where a property is located – it provides you with a range of tools to measure distance, measure area and overlay dozens of valuable data points to give you a rich visual picture of key property attributes, situation and surrounding market performance.
4 ways Mapping helps your business
- Develop your property expertise – Learn to recognise key mapping features such as contours, council boundaries and easements so you have a clear picture of the property’s location before you visit.
- Become a local expert – Always be able to answer the question “How far is it from the shops/school/train station/main road.” Use the measurement tool to confirm property area and measure the distance from key suburb features.
- Visualise your market – Use layers such as recent sales and listings to quickly see the market context for your property.
- Demonstrate your knowledge – Maps – with their layers – can be exported into your presentations and reports. They can be very effective in a CMA presentation.
New features available in Mapping
The most recent update of RP Data Professional includes 3 great changes to Mapping. These updates have improved our coverage, particularly in regional areas, and include:
- Google Aerial Imagery – Google Aerial Imagery is now the default when viewing maps in RP Data Professional. This update allows you to toggle between Google Aerial Imagery and CoreLogic Imagery to select the highest resolution or most current aerial image that suits your needs.
- Zoom out further – With Google Aerial Imagery, you can now zoom out further to get a full view of large rural properties or larger views of suburbs/regions. Layers and drawing tools can still be utilised with Google Aerial view to conduct research or analyse the area.
- Layers visible at lower levels – In rural areas, or in areas with a combination of large lots and towns nearby, you can now see parcel boundaries and labels in the Road Map view at higher zoom levels than previously available. This allows you to view more details about your target property and surrounding areas for large rural parcels while doing research or analysing the area.
- Full width view for street view, property imagery, cadastral and aerial imagery.
- Measurement features including ability to measure distance or area.
- Fast and responsive, with no java or plugins or messy popups required.
- Toggle between aerial and road (cadastral) view.
- Mobile ready - now works across all browsers, tablets and mobile devices.
- Customise the view for research or presentation - turn on layers for additional information, including surrounding sales and listings, easements, contours, suburb and council boundaries.
- Street view.
Help when you need it
Access our Customer Success Centre to help you get the most out of your subscription to meet the challenges and opportunities your business faces.
Frequently Asked Questions