Investor Premium Report Bundle
This report was formerly known as the Residex Best Rent Report. It has been redesigned, updated with data from Market Trends and undergone changes including the addition of new data points and insights.
Who should use this report?
This report is essential reading for investors, market followers, mortgage brokers, economic researchers, real estate agents, valuers or anyone wanting to better understand rental market performance.
What do I receive?
For each suburb/town, this report contains:
- An overview of the rental and investor market from the CoreLogic research team
- Full colour location map
- Locality description
- Understanding of the suburb makeup in terms of proportion of different property types
- Number of rental listings, median rents expressed as dollars per week, gross rental yield and how it has performed over the past 12 months
- Rental vacancy rate for the suburb
- Sales performance indicators including number of properties sold, median sales price
- Median value together with quarterly, annual, three and five year changes to median value
- Market performance charts:
- Median weekly asking rent
- Annual change in median asking rent
- Gross rental yield
- Annual for rent listings
- Population, income and demographic detail according to ABS Census Data
What data is covered in this report?
This edition's report contains 100 suburbs in total and the state breakdown is:
- ACT: 2 suburbs for units
- NSW: 15 suburbs for houses, 3 suburbs for units
- NT: 2 suburbs for houses
- QLD: 22 suburbs for houses, 18 suburbs for units
- SA: 13 suburbs for houses, 1 suburb for units
- TAS: 7 suburbs for houses, 3 suburbs for units
- VIC: 8 suburbs for houses, 5 suburbs for units
- WA: 1 suburb for houses
Frequently Asked Questions
CoreLogic purchased Residex in 2016. The CoreLogic research and report teams have reworked the old Residex report suite to deliver more relevant insights available from the combined CoreLogic and Residex datasets to give investors access to the latest data. The new reports also better reflects current market conditions and it has been designed to make the data easier to understand.
CoreLogic starts with quantitative research that analyses the current yields of units and houses for every suburb in Australia. Results are ranked by rental yield and vacancy rates. Results with total yields of less than 5% are excluded from the list. Affordability is also considered in the suburb selection process as is the size of the property market and volume of properties rented to identify suburbs where buying an investment property to rent out is realistic. The final result is a shortlist that investors could not replicate with individual research.
CoreLogic is currently investing in rebuilding the old Residex prediction analytic. The new model will make the most of new mathematical developments in forecasting and analytic algorithms, while also drawing upon CoreLogic’s millions of additional data points that were never available in the old Residex dataset. Until the new model is launched, our research team has decided not to include predictions within the Top Rental Performers report.