The latest research from Burke Road Cityscope shows sales value has decreased in the quarter to August 2021. In this latest quarter, there were 8 sales at $10.8 million, compared to the sale at a total value of $19.4 million from the 5 sales in the previous quarter.
The 12-month total to $45.5 million comprising 18 sales shows a decrease from the 18 sales at a total value of $54.5 million over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Burke Road Cityscope.
The significant sales in the August 2021 update of Burke Road Cityscope were:
- 634 Burke Road, Camberwell, a 2-storey brick building with a ground-floor showroom. Constructed in 1938 with an extension of the building at the Market Place was completed in early 2009. Land are is 249 sqm with parking to the rear for about 4 cars, which was sold for $6 million;
- Lot 1 in CV One Apartments at 2-4 Monteath Avenue, Hawthorn East, a 135 sqm retail unit on the ground floor to the corner of Porter Street and Stanley Place in an 11-storey apartment building. There is one car space on basement level 4 on title, which was sold for $1.15 million and
- 465 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East, a single-storey brick building with building area of 152 sqm on a 192 sqm land. There is room to park one car in a small yard to the rear, which was sold for $1.075 million.
Properties for sale in the August 2021 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 899 Burke Road, Hawthorn East, a two-storey brick building with a ground-floor shop with a building area of 197 sqm. Land area is 173 sqm with room to park at least 4 cars in a paved rear yard, which is available for sale through JLL – Melbourne;
- 632 Burke Road, Camberwell, a 2-storey brick building with a single-storey extension to the rear and a paved yard with room to park four to six cars. Built in 1938 and altered in 1995 and again in 2001. Building area is 234 sqm, which is available for sale through Fitzroys and
- Unit 4C, known as Suite 4/5 Rose Street, Hawthorn East, a 3-storey 210 sqm office unit, currently configured as a 52 square office plus 2 bed plus study apartment on upper floors, which is available for sale through Bekdon Richards – Hawthorn.
Leasing opportunities listed in the August 2021 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 20 Council Street, Hawthorn East, a four-storey office building, comprises of 235 sqm on the ground floor, 480 sqm on the first floor, 475 sqm on the second floor, 440 sqm on the third floor and two basement levels. There are 50 car spaces in the basement and to the rear of the ground floor, which has office space of 440 sqm on level 3 available for lease through GormanKelly;
- 608 Burke Road, Camberwell, a two-storey brick showroom building with a total building area of 392 sqm, which is available for lease through Cushman & Wakefield – Melbourne and
- 277 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, a four-storey concrete office building, built in 1981, resurfaced in 1990, ground floor extended in 2003 and renovated in 2016. There is under-cover parking and parking on paved land to the rear for 32 car spaces in total, which has office ranging from 200 to 360 sqm available for lease through JLL Metro Market.