The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales volume have decreased significantly in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to December 2020 totalled $28.3 million from 25 sales, a decrease compared to the $138 million from 23 sales recorded in the quarter to September 2020, and a decrease from the $76.1 million of 29 sales recorded in the three months to June 2020.
The data brings the 12-month total to $656.1 million, a decrease from the $729.6 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the December 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Borrowdale House at 49 Furzer Street, Woden, a three-storey retail and commercial building with a net lettable area of 2,180 sqm, which was bought for $6.6 million and
- Bank House at 187-195 London Circuit, City, a four-storey office building with parking at rear; built in 1967 and refurbished in mid 2002 with a net lettable office area of 2,408 sqm, which was bought for $5.95 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the December 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 12 Wattle Street, Lyneham, a parcel of 13,633 sqm vacant land, to be the future development site for Macarthur Urban Village development which will include small convenience shops and cafes, which is available for sale with an asking price of $19 million through JLL Canberra and Colliers International - Canberra;
- Unit 2 at 43 - 45 Torrens Street, Braddon, a 263 sqm commercial suite on ground floor plus 3 basement parking in a 5-storey mixed use building, which is available for sale through Belle Property Retail Canberra and
- Unit 49 at 56 Alinga Street, City, a 70 sqm retail suite on the ground floor plus 20 sqm storage area in the basement, which is available for sale through Knight Frank.
Leasing opportunities in the December 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Alan Woods Building at 23 - 25 Constitution Avenue,City, a seven-storey office building with basement parking for 178 cars, built in 1988, with a net lettable office area of 16,974 sqm, which has office space ranging from 500 to 7,200 sqm available for lease through Knight Frank and JLL Canberra;
- 7 London Circuit, City, a six-storey research institute building, completed mid 2008. The curved building has two sections known as Buildings A and B, with a combined net lettable area of 18,608 sqm, which has office space of 2,091 sqm on level 5 available for lease through Knight Frank and CBRE Canberra and
- Tuggeranong Innovation Centre at 205 Anketell Street, Tuggeranong, a five-storey A-grade office building with showrooms at street level and a 2-storey church with a spire. There is basement parking for 65 cars, which has office space ranging from 103 to 3,848 sqm available for lease through JLL Canberra.