The latest research from Docklands Cityscope shows that commercial property sales value have increased with one sale at a total of $56 million for the quarter to April 2021, compared to the 8 sales at a total value of $6.3 million for the previous quarter and the 3 sales at a total value of $8.4 million for the quarter to October 2020. This brings the 12-month total to $140.8 million from 23 sales, a decrease from the $497.5 million of 43 sales for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Docklands Cityscope.
Notable sale in the April 2021 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- A 50% interest upon completion of the re-development of The Goods Shed North at 733 Bourke Street, Docklands. The redevelopment is to build a tower above the existing heritage shed, connected under the elevated portion of Collins Street to Collins Square, which was bought for $56 million. The property currently comprises the northern half of the 1889 Railway Goods Shed No 2, which was extensively redeveloped as office and retail space in mid-2010 including a new 2-storey office building to Collins Street above the southern half of the shed; and the southern half of the shed which also comprises refurbished office space at ground and mezzanine levels. The shed retains its 12m-high ceilings and is fringed by mezzanine side bays. There are four retail tenancies fronting Village Street. Total net lettable area is 10,987 sqm; and
Pending sales in April 2021 include:
- Lot 911 in Aquavista Tower at 401 Docklands Drive, a 66 sqm office suite at the north-eastern corner of level 9 in the A-Grade 17-level commercial and retail building, plus a car space on parking level 7, which was under contract through agent Lucas Real Estate Docklands and
- Lot 1210 in Aquavista Tower at 401 Docklands Drive, a 66 sqm office suite at the north-eastern corner on level 12, plus a car space on parking level 7, which is also under contract through agent Lucas Real Estate Docklands.
Commercial/retail strata units listed as for sale in the April 2021 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- Unit B7, also known as 102 Harbour Esplanade in the commercial tower of Victoria Point, a 194 sqm commercial unit on the ground and first floors of the 9-level building, facing Harbour Esplanade, north of the main tower entrance at the bottom of the stairway to the level 4 concourse, which is for sale with an asking price of $1.2 million through Killen Thomas - Melbourne;
- A half share in The 1000 La Trobe development, construction was continuing currently and will be an A-grade tower of 23-storeys and 40,000 sqm with an average floor plate of 2,100 sqm and parking for 243 cars. The building will feature a north facing external terrace dedicated to cafes and restaurants, ground floor retail, 5 levels of podium parking and 16 levels of office space, which is available for sale through JLL Sydney and Colliers International; and
- Unit 101W at Waterfront City Stage 1 at 439 Docklands Drive, known as Shop 1 or 1G, a 200 sqm retail premises on the ground floor of the west building at the northern end, which is for sale with an asking price of $1.8 million through No Agent Property – Moorabbin.
Leasing opportunities listed in the April 2021 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- World Trade Centre, at 18-38 Siddeley Street, also known as WTC Wharf, a five-office tower development completed in 1983 with various parts refurbished in the 1990s to 2010. Towers 2, 3 and 4 are linked by a three-level concourse of shops, showrooms and office suites, which has office space ranging from 247 to 25,463 for lease through JLL Melbourne and Knight Frank Melbourne;
- 380 Docklands Drive, an A-Grade, 11-storey office building, consisting of retail space on the ground level, parking on levels 1 to 3 and office space on levels 4 to 10, completed in April 2010, which has office space ranging from 464 sqm to 4,500 sqm available through Cushman & Wakefield Melbourne and Knight Frank Melbourne; and
- Tower 1 Collins Square at 727 Collins Street, a 40,000 sqm 23-level office tower with a large 6 by 8 metre John Olsen artwork in the lobby, completed in June 2013, which has office space of 2,337 sqm on level 11 for lease through CBRE Melbourne.