The latest research from Docklands Cityscope shows that commercial property sales value has significantly decreased with 4 sales for a total of more than $2.5 million for the quarter to October 2021, compared to the 10 sales at a total value of more than $1.256 billion for the previous quarter and the 1 sale at a total value of $56 million for the quarter to April 2021. This brings the 12-month total of over $1.321 billion from 23 sales, an increase from the $286.5 million of 32 sales for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Docklands Cityscope.
Notable sales in the October 2021 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- Lot 101M at 870-892 Bourke, a retail premise on ground level, frontage to Victoria Promenade; at Convesso Concavo, a 30-level building comprising 235 apartments with retail space on the ground floor, which was bought for $1.2 million.
Commercial/retail strata units listed as for sale in the October 2021 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- The Innovation Building at 192 Harbour Esplanade, five storeys plus two levels of basement parking, completed 2004 and Customs House at 1010 La Trobe Street, an A-Grade 9-level building with 15,345 sqm of office space (typical floor 2,020 sqm) and 600 sqm of ground floor retail area completed in early 2007, with a combined site area of 6,809 sqm are for sale in-one-line through Colliers International and CBRE and
- Lot 5A, known as Suite 5a/860 Collins Street, a 140-sqm commercial unit on upper and lower ground levels at Exo Apartments, a 12-storey residential building at 860 Collins Street, which is available for sale through CAN Estate Agents - West Melbourne.
Leasing opportunities listed in the October 2021 update of Docklands Cityscope include:
- 380 Docklands Drive, an A-Grade, 11-storey office building, consisting of retail space on the ground level, parking on levels 1 to 3, and office space on levels 4 to 10; completed in April 2010. The building, with a total net lettable area of 14,800 sqm, has office space ranging from 464 to 4,500 sqm for lease through Cushman & Wakefield – Melbourne and Knight Frank - Melbourne;
- National Australia Bank head office building at 800 Bourke Street, comprises two A-grade 9-storey sections, connected by a 9-storey atrium which is crossed by connecting passages on the six upper levels. The property, with a building area 61,300 sqm (office 59,600 sqm and retail 1,700 sqm) and a typical floor plate of 3,500 sqm, has office space ranging from 3,000 to 25,000 sqm for lease through Knight Frank - Melbourne and
- The Myer Headquarters at 800 Collins Street, a 14-level building with retail space on the ground floor, three car park levels for 180 cars and ten levels of office space; was completed in May 2010. The property, with a net lettable area 29,492 sqm, comprising 28,619 sqm office space and 873 sqm retail space, has office space ranging from 1,500 to 20,000 sqm for lease through CBRE Melbourne.