The latest research from Eastern Sydney Cityscope shows commercial property sales values have increased in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to January 2022 totalled $247.5 million from 51 sales, an increase from the $245.3 million from 32 sales recorded in the quarter to October 2021 but a decrease from the $335.4 million from 33 sales recorded in the quarter to July 2021.
This data brings the 12 month total to $961.8 million, an increase from the $396.6 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Eastern Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales listed in the January 2022 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- Hair Health & Beauty House at 378-382 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, a two-storey building, which was refurbished in 2004, including the creation of two new ground floor shops, and 384 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction (ES2.9), a four-storey brick and concrete commercial and retail building, completed in 2000, which were bought together for $31 million;
- 1 Butt Street, Surry Hills a two and three-storey brick commercial building with a building area of 1,349 sqm and a site area of 658 sqm, which was bought for $24 million and
- 9-13 Brisbane Street, Surry Hills, a three-storey building on a block of 447 sqm, which was bought as a development site for $20 million plus.
Properties listed as for sale in the January 2022 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 198 Oxford Street, Paddington a two-storey brick and tile terrace building with a building area of 100 sqm and a site area of 88 sqm, which is for sale through RomicMoore Property Double Bay;
- 394-396 Oxford Street, Paddington, a two-storey brick building with two shops on the ground level, storage area on level one and on-grade parking for four cars to Victoria Street with a net lettable area 262 sqm, which is for sale through Silver & Co Property Consultants and
- Briad House at 491-493 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, a five-storey brick commercial building with a net lettable area of 1,100 sqm and parking for 5 vehicles, which is for sale through Ray White Commercial South Sydney and Sydney Sotheby's International Realty Double Bay.
Leasing opportunities listed in the January 2022 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 51 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, a two-and-three-storey retail and commercial building, which has been undergoing internal refurbishment (including new facilities such as end of trip facilities, co-working areas, cinema, gym and function room, and fit-out to level 2 for commercial office space) and 55 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, a two-storey commercial building that was undergoing refurbishment throughout 2021, which have office space ranging from 300 to 2,445 sqm available through Karbon Property;
- 100 William Street, Woolloomooloo, a 24-storey, 29,850-sqm office building with basement parking to the east, which has whole level 2 of 900 sqm, whole level 4 of 898 sqm and whole level 21 of 882 sqm for lease through CI Australia and Colliers International Sydney and
- Wentworth Susan House at 80 Wentworth Avenue, Surry Hills, a five-storey brick commercial building with ground floor retail and offices on upper levels, which has three whole office levels of 290 sqm, 580 sqm and 870 sqm available for lease through X Commercial – Surry Hills.