The latest research from North Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to April 2021 have significantly decreased in terms of both total value and number.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $86.5million from 28 sales, as compared to the $618.6 million from 37 sales in the quarter to January 2021 and from the $246.4 million from 22 sales recorded in the quarter to October 2020.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to $1.278 billion from 108 sales, a decrease from the $2.979 billion from 226 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of North Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the April 2021 update of North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 657 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, an eight-storey office building with three basement parking levels for 47 cars, completed in 1970, extensively refurbished in 2005 with a net lettable area of 3,666 sqm and typical floor plates of 454 sqm, which was sold for $34 million;
- Stratum lot 3 in DP1232470 in Metropolitan Residences at 7-19 Albany Street, Crows Nest, a commercial space of 41 sqm on the ground, 1,605 sqm on level one and parking/storage space of 168.2 sqm on basement level one, which was sold for $8.75 million and
- Lot 27 (known as suite 102) of the Howden Building at 97-103 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, a 224-sqm unit on level one plus a 40-sqm car space on car parking level basement one, which was sold for more than $7,81 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the April 2021 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 11-15 Alexander Street, Crows Nest, a 3-storey building with undercover parking for 7 cars and a net lettable area of 580 sqm on a block of 266 sqm, for sale through CI Australia;
- 70-74 Berry Street, North Sydney, comprising Substation No 1151, No 1137 and No 2473 on a 966 sqm block of land, for sale as a development site through JLL Sydney and
- 244 Military Road, Neutral Bay a two-storey building which was refurbished and a first floor, including balcony, was added in early 2001, a building area of 156 sqm on a site area of 106 sqm, for sale through CBRE Sydney.
Leasing opportunities in the April 2021 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 1 Denison at 1 Denison Street, North Sydney, a 37-storey retail/commercial building, tallest in North Sydney, comprising 65,020 sqm including over 2,300 sqm of retail tenancies in basement, lower ground, ground floor and mezzanine, 4 levels of basement parking for 225 vehicles, completed in late 2020, which has office space ranging from 100 to 6,000 sqm for lease through CBRE Sydney North;
- 100 Arthur Street, North Sydney, an A-Grade 23-storey building, completed in mid-2007 which comprises retail space on the ground floor, a three-level podium and parking for 141 vehicles over three basement levels, which has office space ranging from 160 to 14,000 sqm for lease through Knight Frank North Sydney and Colliers International North Sydney and
- Coca Cola Place at 16-40 Mount Street, North Sydney, a 21-storey A-grade office building with basement parking, completed in May 2010, which has office space ranging from 1,727 to 5,693 sqm for lease through Cushman & Wakefield Sydney and Investa Property Group.