The latest research from North Sydney Cityscope shows property sales for the quarter to October 2021 have increased in terms of total value.
Sales recorded in the most recent quarter totalled $224.5 million from 33 sales, as compared to the $175 million from 40 sales in the quarter to July 2021 and from the $86.5 million from 28 sales recorded in the quarter to April 2021.
This quarter brings the twelve-month total value of sales to more than $1.104 billion from 138 sales, a decrease from the $2.111 billion from 154 sales recorded for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of North Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales in the October 2021 update of North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 32 Walker Street, North Sydney, a 13-level building with two levels of basement parking for 31 cars and a tavern extending over the ground and first floors, completed in August 1988. The property, with a net lettable area of 6,622 sqm on a 601 sqm block, was bought for $83.75 million;
- A 50% leasehold interest of 203 Pacific Highway, St Leonards, an 11-storey commercial building with ground floor retail space, basement parking for 150 vehicles and part of St Leonards Railway Station underground and has a net lettable area of 11,735 sqm, completed in mid-2000 and refurbished in 2015/2016, was bought for $68 million and
- 1-7 Hayes Street, Neutral Bay, which comprises of a single-storey and 4-storey residential building including a penthouse and 4 shops at street level, partly on reclaimed land, with basement parking; built 1960. The property, with a building area of 1,310 sqm, was bought at auction for $16.4 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the October 2021 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 11 Willoughby Road, Crows Nest, a 2-storey building comprising four separate tenancies including two residential apartments and a street-level shop which was refurbished in mid-2001. The property, on a 221 sqm block, is for sale through CI Australia;
- 207 Pacific Highway, St Leonards which comprises of Space 207 Tower A, a seven-storey commercial building with a net lettable area of 7,435 sqm and Space 207 Tower B, an 11-storey building with a net lettable area of 12,643 sqm, comprising ground and lower ground level retail space, were completed in August 2002 and share three basement car parking levels with parking for 200 cars, are for sale through Cushman & Wakefield – Sydney, CI Australia and Altis Property Partners and
- Archent House at 115-117 Willoughby Road, Crows Nest, a 3-storey building with ground floor showroom and basement parking for 18 cars. The property was refurbished in late 2006 and has a building area 803 sqm, which is for sale through CI Australia.
Leasing opportunities in the October 2021 update in the areas covered by North Sydney Cityscope include:
- 100 Arthur at 96-108 Arthur Street, North Sydney, an A-Grade 23-storey building, completed in mid-2007. The building with a net lettable area of 27,196 sqm comprises retail space on the ground floor, a three-level podium and parking for 141 vehicles over three basement levels, which has office space ranging from 164 to 10,182 sqm available for lease through Colliers International North Sydney and Knight Frank North Sydney;
- 141 Walker Street at 127-151 Walker Street, North Sydney, a 24-storey office building completed in 1987. The building comprises basement parking for 209 cars, ground floor retail space and landscaped terrace and forecourt, ground and upper ground level shops and restaurants, and 22 floors of offices. The building, with a net lettable area of 22,745 sqm, has office space ranging from 150 to 4,071 sqm available for lease through CBRE North Sydney and
- Coca-Cola Place at 40 Mount Street, North Sydney, a 21-storey A-grade office building with basement parking, completed in May 2010 and net lettable area 28,500 sqm with floor plates of 1,885 sqm in the low-rise section and 1,260 sqm in high-rise, which has office space ranging from 1,727 to 5,603 sqm available for lease through Cushman & Wakefield – Sydney and Investa Property Group.