On the market through Colliers International - Melbourne is 401-403 Collins Street, Melbourne. A little-known fact about this building is the part it played in World War Two. Originally built for Trustees Executors & Agency in 1937, when the General Douglas MacArthur arrived in Melbourne on21st March, 1942he occupied the building to establish his Headquarters for the US Army Forces in The Far East. Soon afterMacArthur was appointed Commander-In-Chief of the Allied Forces, and the Headquarters became known as General Headquarters, Southwest Pacific Area.
In its current guise, the building is a 6,758 sqm, 11-storey office building with basement car parking and a ground floor showroom. It was once known also as Bank of Tokyo House and has undergone several refurbishments, including a recent one of $12.5 million. The building’s other claim to fame is that it is the only Heritage Building in the CBD to Achieve a 5-Star NABERS Rating. Its current tenants include Natural History Bar & Grill andWeWork.
Vendor of 401-403 Collins Street isImpact Funds Management Pty Ltd on behalf of an unlisted property syndicate. It paid $32 million for the property in 2014.