Who should use this report?
This report is essential reading for economists, policy advisers, government planners, property market followers, media, real estate agents, banking and finance professionals and mortgage brokers or anyone wanting to better understand the key drivers affecting the Australian property market.
What do I receive?
The monthly chart pack comprises a series of charts and data that encompass national housing market performance over the reporting month. The report includes:
- A summary of Australian asset class values, and how residential real estate compares
- Insight into growth trends based on movements in the daily hedonic index
- A time series and snapshot of growth rates across capital city and regional markets
- National sales and listings volumes, as well as the annual change in sales and listings volumes across capital city and regional markets
- Information on rental yield and rental price movements across capital city and regional markets
- Information on vendor discounting and days on market at the national level, as well as in capital cities and regional markets
- An overview of clearance rates for the combined capital city markets
- National building approvals data for houses and units
- An overview of the state of housing finance, including owner-occupier and investor participation, mortgage rates and first home buyer participation
Note: Contents of the report may change slightly month to month.