The latest research from Adelaide Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in Adelaide have increased in total value for the quarter to July 2018. The latest quarter shows total sales figures of $281.7 million from 18 sales, compared to the $128.4 million from 16 sales in the quarter to April 2018, and $256.0 million from 9 sales in the quarter to January 2018.
The year to July 2018 shows total sales of $850.5 million from 63 sales, an increase from the previous year, which had $620.1 million from 66 sales.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Adelaide Cityscope.
Notable sales in the July 2018 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- The 295-year leasehold and the freehold interest in the office component of Rundle Place at 81 Rundle Mall, a 12-storey office building which is an A-grade office tower with 30,000 sqm of office space and parking for 100 cars, was sold for $184.6 million through CBRE Adelaide and Knight Frank;
- Angas Securities House at 26 Flinders Street, an office building of 16 levels with a glass facade and basement parking for 68 cars and a building area of 10,413 sqm, was sold for $36 million and
- 51 Pirie Street, two office buildings combined, with retail areas on the ground floor and, to Gawler Place, a modern office building of 7 levels and a building area of 6,316 sqm, was transferred in a related party sale at $14.5 million.
Properties for sale in the July 2018 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- Santos Centre at 60 Flinders Street, a 13-storey office building with 15,500 sqm of office space, including a cafe style entry lobby and a full height atrium, which is for sale through Knight Frank and CBRE;
- Talbot Hotel at 102-104 Gouger Street, an older two-level brick building and 98-100 Gouger Street, a single-storey retail building, which are for sale together through JLL and Savills and
- 262-266 Pirie Street, a two-storey office building with gross lettable area of 786 sqm. which is for sale through Colliers International.
Leasing opportunities in the July 2018 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- 61-63 Hindley Street, a three-level building, which has an entertainment venue of 1,550 sqm available through Polites Property;
- 143-145 North Terrace, an office building of 12 levels including mezzanine and parking for 16 cars, which has office space of 2,406 sqm available through CBRE Adelaide and JLL Adelaide and
- Parc Arcade at 7-19 Gawler Place, a building with ground floor and basement retail levels (22 shops) plus a 718-space car park on eight upper levels and commercial space on the top floor, which has office space ranging from 500 to 2,000 sqm on level 9 available through JLL Adelaide.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe