The latest research from Auckland Cityscope shows that property sales have decreased over the past three months. In the three months to August 2017, there were 30 sales for a total of $147.4 million, as compared with the 26 sales for a total of $323 million recorded for the three months to May 2017, and with the 41 sales at a total of $151.1 million recorded for the three months to February 2017.
The latest data brings the total sales for the 12 months to $824.2 million, a decrease from the $1.071 billion in sales recorded to the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Auckland Cityscope.
Notable sales in August 2017 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- Servilles at 131 Queen Street, an office building of eight-storeys plus basement built in 1920 with a top floor added later and refurbished in 1997, with gross floor area of 5,980 sqm, which was sold for $52.3 million;
- Albert Plaza at 87 Albert Street, an 11-storey office building plus basement parking for 53 cars, with curtain wall glazing, completed in 1986 at a cost of $10 million with gross floor area of 9,420 sqm, which was sold for $26.5 million; and
- Newman Hall at 16 Waterloo Quadrant, consisting of two-storeys to Waterloo Quadrant, four storeys down the slope to the rear. Built in 1863 as the Nathan family home, and originally known as Bella Vista, later a boarding house and hotel before the church bought it in about 1962, which was sold for $11 million in a deal brokered by Whillans Realty Group.
Properties listed as for sale in the August 2017 of Auckland Cityscope include:
- NZI Centre at 1 Fanshawe Street, a six-storey low-rise, open-plan commercial building with a cafe on the ground floor, completed and officially opened in August 2009, which has a net lettable area of 9,446 sqm, for sale by deadline private treaty closing 31 August 2017 through Colliers International NZ;
- 103 Victoria Street West, a two-storey building which was constructed in stages between 1853 and 1935 and refurbished in 2012 on a 94 sqm site, with a gross floor area of 120 sqm, for sale by tender closing 23 August 2017 through Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial; and
- Auckland International College, at 81-85 Airedale Street, an eight-level building comprising office space from level one to level four, 32 residential apartments on levels five to six and lower ground and basement level, completed 2003 on a 1,247 sqm site, for sale through Bayleys.
Leasing opportunities in the August 2017 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 34 Shortland Street; a 17-level, B-grade building, completed in 1989. The building comprises three levels of basement parking with 46 spaces, a lobby floor (level 4), 10 levels of offices plus two plant and machinery floors, with a gross floor area of 11,220 sqm, has office space on levels 9, 11, 12 and 15, available for lease through Colliers International NZ;
- ANZ Centre at 23-29 Albert Street, a 42-level reinforced concrete tower block originally built in May 1991 and extensively refurbished in 2013. The redevelopment included the refurbishment of over 22,000 sqm of office space, a new fully-glazed entry pavilion, upgrading of ground floor lobby, a 3-storey extension to Federal Street, which has office space of 400 to 3,000 sqm available through Colliers International NZ; and
- 54 Cook Street, formerly known as the Radio Network House, a five-storey office building with ground level parking for 33 cars, completed in 1969 and currently being refurbished, which will have office space 1,237 to 3,908 sqm available in the 2nd quarter of 2018 and is now for pre-lease through Colliers International NZ.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe