The latest research from Auckland Cityscope shows that property sales value have decreased over the past three months.
In the three months to February 2020, there were 19 sales for a total of $178.2 million, as compared to the 34 sales for a total of $328.2 million recorded for the three months to November 2019. The latest data brings the total sales for the 12 months to $777 million, a significant decrease from the $2.123 billion in sales recorded to the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Auckland Cityscope:
Notable sales in February 2020 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- AUT Tower at 2-14 Wakefield Street, Auckland Central, a 17-storey building plus two basement floors of parking for 48 vehicles with a net lettable area of 13,949 sqm on a 2,099 sqm block, which sold for approximately $62.6 million;
- Achilles House at 47 Customs Street East, Auckland Central, a 6-storey office building with ground floor retail with a gross floor area of 5,120 sqm, which sold for $51 million and
- Unit A, known as 186 Queen Street, Auckland Central, a 528 sqm shop on the ground floor to Queen Street and along Durham Street East, which sold for $15.75 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the February 2020 of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 50 Cook Street, Auckland Central, a development site of 1,732 sqm, the proposed Fiore Cook Street development, to comprise a 15-level residential complex comprising of 150 units comprising of studio apartments, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and duplex apartments plus three retail spaces on ground level, which is for sale through Bayleys Auckland;
- 38-40 Fort Street, Auckland Central, a 7-storey former office building, with retail space on the ground floor and upper levels used as a backpackers hotel, which is for sale through Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial and
- Bayleys House at 30 Gaunt Street, Auckland Central, a 6-storey A-grade office building comprising retail space on ground floor, office space over five upper levels and four levels of basement parking with a building area of 9,000 sqm, which is for sale through Bayleys Auckland.
Leasing opportunities in the February 2020 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- Shine Lawyers Building at 33 Federal Street, Auckland Central, a 16-level building including two lower-ground parking levels for 52 cars with an average floor plate of 411 sqm, which has office space ranging from 100 to 2,000 sqm available through Colliers International NZ, Bayleys Auckland Central and Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial;
- 34 Sale Street, Auckland Central, a 4-storey building comprising 6,400 sqm of lettable space across four floors, one cafe on ground floor, a double height lobby and car parking for 100 cars, which has office space ranging from 260 sqm to 1,532 sqm and retail space of 124 sqm available through Colliers International NZ and Bayleys Auckland Central and
- DDB Tower at 80 Greys Avenue, Auckland Central, a 10-level office tower comprising 8 office floors and 2 parking levels for 115 cars, completed in 1985 and refurbished in in 2006, which has office space ranging from 350 to 731 sqm available through Bayleys Auckland Central.