The latest research from Brisbane South Cityscope shows property sale numbers have remained level over the last three months. The last three months to the end of August 2016 recorded 13 sales for a total of over $90.1 million; with $77.8 million for commercial, $1.1 million for commercial strata, $3.2 million retail strata and $8 million for other.
In comparison, the three months to the end of May 2016 recorded 13 sales for a total of over $44.6 million; with $21.5 million for commercial, $900,000 for commercial strata, $2.4 million retail, $1.3 million for retail strata and $18.5 million for other. The 12 months leading up to the end of August 2016 recorded 48 sales for a total of over $320 million, over $189.5 million lower than the recorded figure for the same time period the year before.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Brisbane South Cityscope:
The top three most significant sales, all in South Brisbane, recorded this quarter together totalled over $78 million.
- The Precinct 2, 10 Browning Street, a four-storey building which includes The Melbourne Hotel on the ground floor and three levels of offices above. Armada South Brisbane Office Fund sold the building for $65.5 million to Forza Browning Street Fund. The sale represented an initial yield of 8% on passing income of around $5.24 million. Bruce Baker and Flint Davidson of CBRE Brisbane negotiated the sale.
- 138 Montague Road, a large single-storey warehouse with around 30 car parks. Bought for $8 million by The MWX Properties Pty Ltd as trustee for The MWX Properties Trust.
- 10 Cordelia Street, a two-storey commercial building with car parking for 17 vehicles. Sold for $5 million to 10 Cordelia Property Trust No. 1 and 10 Cordelia Property Trust No. 2.
Properties listed for sale include:
- 105 Melbourne Street, South Brisbane. Merivale Flats, a three-storey residential building with a retail unit on the ground floor. For sale as a tenanted investment, with an auction pending (auction date to be advised); agent, Property Inc (Leon Iconomidis and Michael Kazoullis).
- 427 Montague Road, West End. A two-level office building and a single-storey warehouse. For sale by expressions of interest, closing September 1, 2016; agent, CBRE (Callum Short and Peter Court).
- 26-28 Thomas Street, West End. Two, single-storey, raised, weatherboard houses which are used commercially. For sale with an asking price of $1.48 million; agent, First National Commercial (Hiep Nguyen).
Currently under contract:
- Unit 11, West End Central, 200 Melbourne Street, South Brisbane. A 96 sqm restaurant with a 46 sqm outdoor area. Under conditional contract; agent, JPM Commercial (Justin Mollard and Chris McDonald).