The latest research from Burke Road Cityscope shows sales value has increased in the quarter to February 2020. In this latest quarter, there were 8 sales at $17.5 million, compared to the 1 sale at a total value of $0.5 million in the previous quarter.
This quarter brings the 12-month total to $32.9 million comprising 16 sales, a slight decrease compared to the 19 sales at a total value of $33.6 million over the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Burke Road Cityscope.
The top sales in the February 2020 update of Burke Road Cityscope are:
- 769-771 Burke Road, Hawthorn East, a 205 sqm single-storey brick building, renovated in 1992 and a ground floor shopfront that was refurbished in 2005, with storage space and three car spaces to the rear, which sold for $4.415 million through CBRE Melbourne. The sale represented an initial yield of 4.52% on a passing income of $199,435 (n);
- 628 Burke Road, Camberwell, a two-storey brick building with a ground-floor showroom entered from Burke Road and Market Place, refurbished 1994 and located on a site area of 289 sqm, which sold for $4.28 million through Fitzroys. The sale represented an initial yield of 6.23% on a passing income of $266,811 (n) and
- A 50% interest in 610 - 612 Burke Road, Camberwell, a 2-storey brick building with a ground-floor showroom, constructed in 1955 and set back about a metre from the title boundary with room to park about four cars in a small rear yard, which was sold for $3.175 million.
Properties for sale in the February 2020 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 652 Burke Road, Camberwell, an older single-storey brick shop building of 125 sqm with a yard to the rear that covers much of the site and has space to park about four cars, which is for sale through Savills – Melbourne;
- Lot 30 in the Burke Rise Building at 849 Burwood Road, Hawthorn East, a lot used as a gym of approximately 1,328 sqm comprising area on lower basement, upper basement and lower level with an entrance on ground floor to Burwood Road; plus 1 car space in lower level and 5 on ground floor, which is for sale by through CBRE Melbourne.
Leasing opportunities listed in the February 2020 update of Burke Road Cityscope include:
- 780 - 782 Burke Road, Camberwell, to Burke Road, part of a 2-storey brick terrace row extending to property 16 and built 1890; to the rear of the site, an older single-storey brick house plus a rear yard containing a separate one and two-storey brick building, the ground floor of which is used as a single garage, has retail/office space of 372 sqm over two levels available through Prowse Burns Commercial;
- 2 - 6 Railway Parade, Camberwell, a four-storey office building with parking for 148 cars over three and a half basement levels, which has office space of up to 896 sqm available for through Premier Commercial and
- 55 - 59 Avenue Road, Camberwell, one and two-storey concrete office/showroom buildings, and a yard to the rear, constructed in 1956 on a site area of 1,825 sqm, has office space of 258 sqm available through Commvest Management.