The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales value increased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter to September 2017 totalled $223.1 million, an increase from the $211.3 million recorded in the three months to June 2017, but a decrease from the $684.5 million recorded in the three months to March 2017.
This data brings the 12 month total to $1.194 billion, an increase from the $866.1 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2017 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Former Penrhyn House A block at 2 Bowes Street, Woden and B Block at 4 Bowes Street, Woden, both are five-storey office buildings with a two-storey section facing the plaza and parking on the first floor; and former Penrhyn House C Block at 6 Bowes Street, Woden, a six-storey office building with a 2-storey section facing the plaza and parking on the first floor with upper levels connected to other two buildings providing a total net lettable area of 12,622 sqm and 131 car spaces, which were sold together for $58.33 million through Colliers International - Canberra;
- 82 Northbourne Avenue, Braddon, a seven-storey office building with a café on the ground level with a net lettable area of 6,799 sqm and 138 onsite parks, which was sold for $57.33 million through Colliers International Canberra and
- 8 Rudd Street, City, an eight-storey office building with four basement car parking levels and two retail shops on ground level providing gross building area of 13,000 sqm, which was sold for $44 million through Knight Frank Canberra and JLL Canberra.
Properties for sale in Canberra in September 2017 include:
- 32 Botany Street, Woden , a two-storey 693 sqm bulding with parking to Crenvelle Court, on a site of 725 sqm, is for sale by expressions of interest closing 14 September 2017 through Civium ACT; and
- Units 12 to 25 in the Four Seasons House at 191-203 Anketell Street are for sale by expressions of interest closing 1st November 2017 through CBRE.
Significant leasing opportunities in Canberra in September 2017 include:
- Fujitsu House at 7-9 Moore Street, City, a four-storey office building with parking, which has office space up to 3,334 sqm available through Civium and Knight Frank;
- Canberra House at 40 Marcus Clarke Street, City, a 12-storey office building with ground floor retail space, which has office space ranging from 250 sqm to 2,220 sqm available through Colliers International Canberra and
- 64 Northbourne Avenue, City, a 4, 5 and seven-storey office building with ground floor showrooms, internal skylight atrium and one basement level parking, which has office and retail space ranging from 75 sqm to 1,583 sqm available through Knight Frank and JLL Canberra.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe