The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales value decreased significantly in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter to December 2017 totaled $10.9 million, a substantial decrease from the $223.1 million recorded in the three months to September 2017 and a decrease from the $211.3 million recorded in the three months to June 2017.
This data brings the 12 month total to $1.129 billion, an increase from the $851.6 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the December 2017 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Swanson Plaza at 11-17 Swanson Court, Belconnen, a three-storey retail and office building with basement parking for 55 cars with a net lettable area of 4,725 sqm, which sold for $5.5 million and
- Suite 105 in Palko and Nibu apartments at 25-29 Londsale Street, Braddon, a 144 sqm office/retail suite on level one of the two seven-storey apartment buildings, which sold for $858,000 through Laing + Simmons Commercial ACT.
Properties for sale in Canberra in December 2017 include:
- Northpoint Plaza at 8 Chandler Street, Belconnen, a three-storey building with basement parking for 55 cars, with a let lettable area of 4,392, which is for sale through CBRE Canberra;
- SQ1 Southquay , 311 Anketell Street, Tuggeranong, Suite 278, a 132 sqm office suite facing Anketell Street on the ground floor plus two car spaces on basement level one and Suite 279, a 129 sqm office suite facing Anketell Street on the ground floor plus two car spaces on basement level, which are for sale by auction on 12 December 2017 through CBRE Canberra and
- 1 Bowes Place, Woden, Unit 9, a commercial unit of 560 sqm and 28 sqm on level 8 plus a car space on basement level and Unit 10, a commercial unit of 560 sqm and 28 sqm on level 9 plus a car space on basement level, which are available through Burgess Rawson.
Significant leasing opportunities in Canberra in December 2017 include:
- 2 Constitution Avenue, City, a seven-storey office building with a net lettable area of 19,835 sqm and two levels of basement parking for 203 cars, which has office space ranging from 500 to 6,800 sqm available through JLL Canberra and Knight Frank;
- 17 Moore Street, City, previously known as CWA House, a seven-storey office building with a net lettable area of 6,291 sqm and three levels of basement parking for 77 cars, which has refurbished office space ranging from 45 to 4,847 sqm available through Colliers International Canberra and Raine & Horne Commercial Canberra and
- 14 Wales Street, Belconnen, a two-storey high-clearance warehouse building with on-grade parking for 25 vehicles, which has retail/office space ranging from 400 to 1,800 sqm available through Civium ACT.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe