The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales have decreased significantly in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter to September 2016 totalled $157.6 million, a substantial decrease from the $520.1 million recorded in the three months to June 2016 and a slight increase from the $113.4 million recorded in the three months to March 2016.
The data brings the 12-month total to $879.3 million, an increase from the $345.6 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2016 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Infrastructure House, at 111 Alinga Street, City, a seven-storey building completed in 1987 with a three-storey section to Alinga Street, plus basement parking for 197 cars, which was sold for $76.5 million in a deal handled by JLL Canberra and JLL Sydney;
- Myuna Complex which consists of 72 Northbourne Avenue – a six-storey office building with basement parking for 36 cars, 17 Mort Street – a five-storey building, 70 Northbourne Avenue – a six-storey office building with basement parking, 15 Mort Street – a six-storey office building with basement parking and 68 Northbourne Avenue – a six and seven-storey office building with basement parking, which were bought in one line for $34 million in a deal handled by Colliers International; and
- NRMA House, a six-storey building with basement parking and parking to the rear for 100 cars with a net lettable office area 3,450 sqm, which was bought for $25.025 million in a deal handled by CBRE.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2016 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 62 Northbourne Avenue, a seven-storey office building with basement parking for 109 cars; built in 1987 on a 1,943-sqm site, available through CBRE Canberra and CBRE Sydney;
- The 50% interest of Westfield Woden which includes a three-level parking station, 2 Keltie Street, 8 Bradley Street, Bonner House and Bonner Court, a six-storey office and retail building, Bonner House East, a three-storey office building and Woden Plaza car park a three-level car park, by an international campaign for expressions of interest through Colliers International Sydney; and
- The Finlay Crisp Offices, which consists of Nara House at 1-3 Constitution Avenue, an eight-storey office building with two levels of basement parking for 80 cars, Customs House at 5 Constitution Avenue, a 14-storey office building with two levels of basement parking for 148 cars, and Allara House at 13-15 Constitution Avenue, a nine-storey office building with three levels of basement parking for 81 cars, by expressions of interest through JLL.
Leasing opportunities in the September 2016 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Public Trustee House, a six-storey office building with undercover parking for 16 cars; built in 1985 with a net lettable office area 5,468 sqm, which has office space of 313 to 5,483 sqm for lease through Raine & Horne Commercial and Colliers International;
- Francis Chambers, a three-storey office and showroom building with ground floor undercover parking and a net lettable office area 2,878 sqm, which has office space of 91 to 1,200 sqm for lease through Raine & Horne Commercial; and
- Tuggeranong Churches Centre, a five-storey office building with showrooms at street level and a two-storey church with a spire, with a net lettable area 6,832 sqm, which has office space of 103 to 3,847 sqm for lease through Colliers International.