The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales volume have decreased significantly in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to June 2020 totalled $76.1 million from 29 sales, a decrease compared to the $413.6 million from 21 sales recorded in the quarter to March 2020, and a decrease from the $171.9 million of 21 sales recorded in the three months to December 2019.
The data brings the 12-month total to $854.2 million, an increase from the $555.7 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the June 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 70 Allara Street, City, a single-storey office building with parking for 81 vehicles on a 7,641 sqm block, which was bought for $24 million and
- 4 Marcus Clarke Street, City, a three-storey commercial building with undercover parking for 36 vehicles and surface parking for a further 32 vehicles, and a net lettable area of 2,263 sqm, which was bought for $14 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the June 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Unit 18, also known as suite 113, Corinna Chambers at 36-38 Corinna Street, Woden, an 121 sqm office suite on the first floor including a basement car space, which is available for sale through Knight Frank,
- Lot 5 at the Space the Residence at 24-28 Forbes Street, Turner, a 97 sqm retail space on the ground floor with frontage to Northbourne Avenue, which is available for sale by expressions of interest through Belle Property and
- 12 Wattle Street, Lyneham, a development site of 13,633 sqm, to be the future development site for Macarthur Urban Village development, which is available for sale by tender through Colliers International - Canberra and JLL Canberra.
Leasing opportunities in the June 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- Tuggeranong Churches Centre at 205 Anketell Street, Tuggeranong, a five-storey B-grade office building with showrooms at street level and a 2-storey church with a spire. There is basement parking for 65 cars, which has office space ranging from 103 to 3,848 sqm available for lease through JLL Canberra;
- 4 Mort Street, City, a six-storey office building with undercover parking for 16 cars, extensively refurbished in 1997 and again in late 2017, which has office space ranging from 700 to 1,008 sqm available for lease through Raine & Horne Commercial – Canberra and
- Alan Woods Building at 23-25 Constitution Avenue, City, a seven-storey office building with basement parking for 178 cars, which has office space ranging from 500 to 7,200 sqm available for lease through Knight Frank and JLL Canberra.