The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows both property sales volume and value have decreased in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to March 2021 totalled $12 million from 16 sales, a decrease compared to the $28.3 million from 25 sales recorded in the quarter to December 2020, and a decrease from the $140.1 million of 23 sales recorded in the three months to September 2020.
The data brings the 12-month total to $256.5 million, a decrease from the $1.098 billion recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the March 2021 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- The Nish & Roberts building at 20 Garema Place, City, a two-storey retail and office building with a net lettable area of 310 sqm on a 197 sqm block, which was bought for $2.1 million;
- 34-36 Lonsdale Street, Braddon, a Caltex service station, constructed in 2016, situated on a 1,269 sqm block, which was bought for above $1.5 million and
- Unit 3 at Francis Chamber at 40-46 Corinna Street, Woden, a 225 sqm retail suite on the ground floor plus 2 car space of 13 sqm and 12 sqm on ground level, which was bought for $1.45 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2021 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 76 - 82 Dundas Court, Woden, a two-storey brick building with parking for 16 at rear and a net lettable area of 1,032 sqm, which is for sale through Colliers International – Canberra;
- Unit 3 and unit 4 at Van Zwa+n House at 80 Emu Bank, Belconnen a 79 sqm unit and a 82 sqm unit plus a 29 sqm terrace on level one, which are for sale through Civium Property Group.
Leasing opportunities in the March 2021 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 2 Constitution Avenue, City, a seven-storey office building two levels of basement parking for 203 cars. Net lettable area is 19,835 sqm with a typical floor area of 3,381 sqm, which has office space ranging from 358 sqm to 2,825 sqm available for lease through JLL Canberra and Knight Frank;
- AON Building at 15 London Circuit, City, a 13-storey office building with basement parking for 29 cars. Built in 1971 and refurbished at a cost of $8 million in 1990. There is a 2-storey car park containing 50 car spaces, to Farrell Place, which has office space ranging from 85 to 3,578 sqm available for lease through LJ Hooker Commercial Canberra and Knight Frank and
- CQ Tower 1 at 68 Northbourne Avenue, City, a 12-storey commercial building comprising ground floor retail, mezzanine office and 11 floors of commercial space with a net lettable area of 18,000 sqm, basement parking over 3 levels for 217 vehicles and roof to accommodate a solar PV panel completed late 2019, which has office space ranging from 200 to 6,000 sqm available for lease through Amalgamated Property Group.