The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales value have increased slightly in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to September 2020 totalled $77 million from 22 sales, compared to the $76.1 million from 29 sales in the quarter to June 2020 and the $413.6 million from 21 sales recorded in the quarter to March 2020.
The data brings the 12-month total to $738.7 million, an increase from the $651.5 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 65 Henty Street, Braddon, a 15,607 sqm block of vacant land, formerly consists of Northbourne Flats and a number of three-storey residential unit blocks with parking, all demolished in 2019, which was bought as a development site for $28 million;
- 7-9 Moore Street, City, currently a 4-storey office building with parking on a 1,400 sqm piece of land, which has an approval for student accommodation development, was bought for $20.6 million; and
- An 11,212 sqm block of land on Melrose Drive, Woden, with frontages to Furzer Street, Corinna Street and Garth Close, which was bought as a development site for $12.5 million through Colliers International Canberra.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- 112-116 Alinga Street, City, Blue Moon Building, part of the Sydney Building comprising two 2-storey buildings with a centre courtyard used for loading and parking with a building area of 542 sqm; which is for sale through Sentinel Real Estate; and
- Unit 9 in Gadal Chambers at 48-50 Corinna Street, Woden, a 3-storey building with ground floor undercover parking. Unit 9 is an 84 sqm office/retail suite on level one with a car space on basement level, which is for sale through Sentinel Real Estate.
Leasing opportunities in the September 2020 update of Canberra Cityscope include:
- CQ Tower 1 at 68 Northbourne Avenue, City, a 12-storey commercial building comprising ground floor retail, mezzanine office and 11 floors of commercial space with a net lettable area of 18,000 sqm, which has office space ranging from 200 to 6,000 sqm available for lease through Amalgamated Property Group;
- AON Building at 15 London Circuit, City, a 13-storey office building with basement parking for 29 cars, which has office space ranging from 85 sqm to 3,578 sqm available through LJ Hooker Commercial Canberra and Knight Frank; and
- Childers Square at 14 Childers Street, City, a 6-storey A-grade building with parking for 243 cars, 12,976 sqm office space, 2,158 sqm ground floor space and 750 sqm for the Canberra Workers Club, which has office space of 1,269 sqm available through Colliers International Canberra.