The latest research from Chapel Street Cityscope shows that commercial property sales value have increased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter to May 2018 totalled $18.7 million from 5 sales, an increase from the $10.4 million from 11 sales in the three months to February 2018 and an increase compared with the $9.6 million from 5 sales in the three months to November 2017.
This data brings the 12 month total to $69.3 million from 28 sales, a dramatic decrease from the previous twelve month total of $271.4 million from 31 sales.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chapel Street Cityscope.
Notable sales recorded in the May 2018 update of Chapel Street Cityscope include:
- Chapel Street Bazaar at 430 Chapel Street, South Yarra, a collection of single-storey retail buildings including timber pavilions on a site area of 820 sqm, which sold for $11 million;
- 306 Toorak Road, South Yarra, a single-storey retail building with a courtyard on a 280 sqm block, which sold for $2.95 million through Morley Commercial and
- Unit 7P at Royal Como, 663 Chapel Street, South Yarra, a commercial unit on levels four and five plus a car space and Unit 8P at Royal Como, 663 Chapel Street, South Yarra, a commercial unit on levels four and five plus a car space, which sold together off the plan for $1.62 million through Knight Frank Melbourne.
Properties listed as for sale in the May 2018 update of Chapel Street Cityscope include:
- 123 Toorak Road, South Yarra, a single-storey retail building with a sawtooth roof, building area is 75 sqm on a block of 112 sqm, for sale at an asking price of $1,800,000 through CBRE – Melbourne;
- 427 Chapel Street, South Yarra, a two-storey brick building, with a courtyard to the rear of the property and a building area of 335 sqm on a block of 214 sqm, for sale through CBRE – Melbourne and
- 63 Toorak Road, South Yarra, a single-storey brick retail building with a building area of 51 sqm and a site area of 56 sqm, for sale through TeskaCarson.
Leasing opportunities listed in the May 2018 update of Chapel Street Cityscope include:
- The Como Centre at 259-303 Toorak Road, South Yarra, a retail, office, hotel and car park centre with 33 specialty shops and offices above on a site area of 10,400 sqm, has office space of 165 to 700 sqm for lease through Colliers International;
- 521-525 Chapel Street, South Yarra, two 2-storey buildings on a site area of 492 sqm has office/retail space of 200 to 430 sqm for lease through TeskaCarson and
- 262-264 Chapel street, Prahran, a three-storey brick retail building to Chapel Street and a single-storey warehouse building to the rear with parking for nine cars, has retail space of 445 sqm for lease through CRS Property.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope. Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe