The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have increased in total sales value and number of sales from the preceding quarter. For the quarter to December 2020 there were 17 sales at a total sales value of $52.9 million, compared to the 6 sales at a total sales value of $22.3 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have decreased significantly, with 49 sales at a total value of $296.8 million for the twelve months to December 2020, compared to the 77 sales at a total value of more than $870.2 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope:
Notable sales in the December 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 216-218 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a two-storey building with parking to the rear, refurbished in 2002 with net lettable area of 462 sqm. Part of Central Buildings, erected in 1919 on a 404 sqm site, which was bought for $8.25 million through Shead Property and CI Australia;
- 394 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a two-storey retail building. The property with a building area of 360 sqm on a 221 sqm site was bought was for $7 million through Shead Property and
- Unit 5 at The Gallery, 445 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, comprising of 127 sqm on the ground floor plus two car spaces on the upper basement level, which was bought for $5.05 million through Golden Peak Property - Chatswood.
Properties listed as for sale in the December 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 30 Dickson Avenue, Artarmon, a single-storey brick office and warehouse with a huge front yard and dual driveway access on a 809 sqm block, is for sale through Sutton Anderson;
- 51-57 Carlotta Street, Artarmon, a two-storey brick building with lower ground parking with alterations and addition of a second storey completed in 2018. The property with a net lettable area of 1,683 sqm on a 1,055 sqm block is for sale through CI Australia and
- 22 Cleg Street, Artarmon, a two-storey brick industrial building with rooftop parking for approximately 60 cars. The property, with a gross floor area of approximately 2,818 sqm, is for sale through Sutton Anderson.
Leasing opportunities listed in the December 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- Citadel Towers Complex Tower B at 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a 20-storey building completed in 1991 with a net lettable area of 21,561sqm. The Citadel Towers complex has basement parking for 526 cars and Tower B has office space on levels 6, 10, and 11 ranging from 1,052 to 4,309 sqm for lease through Cushman & Wakefield;
- 47-51 Dickson Avenue, Artarmon, comprising of a high-clearance warehouse facility at 38 Whiting Street and a two-storey brick office building at Dickson Avenue, has a combined building area of 3,604 sqm. The property has areas ranging from 1,589 to 3,657 sqm for lease through CBRE North Sydney;
- 47 Hotham Parade, Artarmon, a three-storey office and warehouse building including basement parking and hardstand. The property currently has warehouse/storage space of 2,515 sqm for lease through Taylor Nicholas North Shore and
- Tower 2 at 475 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a 13-storey office tower with a single level retail plaza area and shared three levels of basement parking for 366 cars, currently has three interconnected floors on levels 3, 4 and 5 totalling 2,770 sqm for lease through Knight Frank North Sydney.