The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have decreased significantly in total value from the preceding quarter. For the quarter to June 2020 there were 11 sales at a total sales value of $28.4 million, compared to the 15 sales at a total sales value of $193.1 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have also decreased significantly, with 68 sales at a total value of $610.8 million for the twelve months to June 2020, compared to the 78 sales at a total value of more than $1.034 billion for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope:
Notable sales in the June 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 50 Broughton Road, Artarmon, a two-storey industrial building with two loading docks, high-clearance warehouse area of 883 sqm and office area of 1,219 sqm with 47 undercover car spaces, which was bought for $12.9 million and
- 574 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a 2-storey building, refurbished in late 1997 with parking and garages to the rear and a net lettable area 465 sqm, which was bought for $5.55 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the June 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 47 - 51 Dickson Avenue, Artarmon, a high-clearance warehouse facility at 38 Whiting Street and a two-storey brick office building at 47 Dickson Avenue with a combined building area of 3,604 sqm on a 2,212 sqm block is for sale at an asking price of $13 million through CBRE North Sydney;
- Unit 33, Chatswood Village at 47 - 53 Neridah Street, Chatswood, a commercial office with total area of 99 sqm comprises 43 sqm on level 2, 34 sqm on level 3 and 22 sqm on level 4 plus 33 sqm of car space, is for sale through Shead Property;
- Lot 8, also known as Shop 1 at 46 Frenchs Road, Willoughby, a retail/showroom comprising 111 sqm on the ground floor fronting Frenchs Road, plus a 22 sqm car space on the ground floor, which is for sale through Elders Real Estate Hornsby and
Leasing opportunities listed in the June 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 20 Herbert Street, Artarmon, a three-storey rendered brick industrial/commercial building with a loading dock to Herbert Street and another to Cleg Street. The warehouse has a parking area for around eight vehicles to the rear, accessible from Cleg Street. The property with a building area of 2,230 sqm is for lease through Sutton Anderson;
- Tower A and Tower B of The Zenith Centre at 821 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a twin tower A-grade office complex of 21 storeys, were completed in 1987 including five levels of basement parking for 818 cars with an entrance from McIntosh Street. The complex which comprises of a total net lettable area of 44,300 sqm (office 43,400 sqm and retail 900 sqm) includes the Zenith Theatre, a 250-seat community theatre to McIntosh Street and are connected by a pavilion which was built in 1991. Office spaces on level 1 to 6, 15 to 17 with up to 6,000 sqm in Tower A available for lease through Cadigal Sydney and Cushman & Wakefield Sydney and office spaces ranging from 1,000 to 3,200 sqm in Tower B available for lease through JLL North Sydney; and
- Citadel Towers Complex Tower B at 799 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a 20-storey building with a net lettable area 21,561sqm, completed in 1991 and has basement parking for 526 cars has office space ranging from 1,052 to 4,309 sqm on levels 6, 10 and 11 available through Cushman & Wakefield – Sydney.