The latest research from Chatswood Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in the areas covered by it have decreased in total value from the preceding quarter. For the quarter to March 2020 there were 15 sales at a total sales value of $193.1 million, compared to the 25 sales at a total sales value of $290.8 million for the previous quarter. The yearly figures have increased, with 70 sales at a total value of $1.027 billion for the twelve months to March 2020, compared to the 83 sales at a total value of $840.8 million for the previous year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Chatswood Cityscope:
Notable sales in the March 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- A 50% interest of Tower 1 at 495 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a 13-storey office tower and Tower 2 at 475 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a 13-storey office tower with a single level retail plaza area which were both completed at a cost of $90 million in late 1987 and refurbished in 1998 and the Plaza Building at 497-501 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a 2-storey building comprising ground floor showrooms with a level of commercial space above was built in 1989 as an extension to Tower 1 and incorporated with the Centre and shares three levels of basement parking for 366 cars and have a combined net lettable area of 24,971 sqm, comprising 835 sqm of retail and 24,136 sqm of office space, were bought together for $120 million;
- 845 Pacific Highway, Chatswood, a 7-storey building with one level of basement parking for 55 cars; completed in 1985 and last refurbished in 2006 has a net lettable area of 4,329 sqm including a 944 sqm car wash facility, was bought for $53 million and
- 324 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a two-storey building of 203 sqm with ground floor retail space, refurbished in 2015, on a 171 sqm block of land, which was bought for $8 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the March 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 41 Whiting Street, Artarmon, a freestanding two-storey warehouse building with total building area 745 sqm, comprising 344 sqm on the ground floor and 401 sqm on the first floor and is on a 515 sqm site which includes on-site car parking for seven vehicles, for sale through Sutton Anderson – Crows Nest;
- 27 Hotham Parade, Artarmon, a two and three-storey strata factory and warehouse building with 20 basement car spaces consisting of Unit 1 - comprising 442 sqm on the lower ground floor, 540 sqm on the ground floor and 327 sqm on level 1 and Unit 2 - comprising 515 sqm on the lower ground floor, 548 sqm on the ground floor and 552 sqm on level 1, on a 1,581 sqm site, is for sale through PropertyFox and
- Two strata suites at 154 Sailors Bay Road, Northbridge - Lot 15, known as Suite C, a 114 sqm on the ground floor to the southeast, plus 120 sqm of parking on basement level 1 and Lot 14 known as Suite D, a 93 sqm retail area on the ground floor to the southwest, plus a 45 sqm of parking on basement level 1, which is for sale individually through Hartigan Bolt.
Leasing opportunities listed in the March 2020 update of Chatswood Cityscope include:
- 51 Charlotta Street, Artarmon, a two-storey brick building with lower ground parking with alterations and addition of a second storey completed in 2018, has office space ranging from 762 to 2,834 sqm for lease through PropertyFox;
- Chatswood Central at 1 Railway Street, Chatswood, a retail/office complex consisting of two 12-storey buildings with basement parking for 110 cars - the North and South Towers completed in 1976 and 1980 respectively, which has office space ranging from 40 sqm to 668 sqm available through Hartigan Bolt;
- 11 Help Street, Chatswood, an 8-storey office and club building with basement parking; completed in late 1988, subdivided into two lots; one being the Chatswood Club and the other an office building with a gross office area of 6,240 sqm, which has office space ranging from 189 sqm to 638 sqm available through Hartigan Bolt and
- Tower 2 at 475 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, a 13-storey office tower with a single level retail plaza area and basement parking, which has office space of 400 to 1,600 sqm available through Knight Frank North Sydney.