The latest research from Christchurch Cityscope shows that commercial property sales’ value in Christchurch’s CBD have increased in the past three months.
For the three months to September 2017 there were 21 sales at a total value of $95.9 million, compared to 23 sales at a total value of $40.8 million for the previous quarter.
The latest data brings the twelve-month sale total to $275.6 million, an increase from the previous 12 months when sales totalled $117.4 million.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Christchurch Cityscope.
Notable sales in the September 2017 update of Christchurch Cityscope include:
- PwC Centre at 60 Cashel Street, a six-storey commercial building comprising 7,917 sqm of A-grade office space and floor plates of up to 1,754 sqm plus car parking for 103 cars, was completed and officially opened in December 2016, which were bought together with a property at 38 Cashel Street (not covered by Christchurch Cityscope) for $49 million;
- Re: Start Carpark at 56-60 Lichfield Street, a public car park on a 3,675 sqm site, which was bought for $8.639 million; and
- Vacant land of 1,371 sqm at 3-11 Cathedral Square, which was bought at auction for $6.6 million in a deal handled by Colliers International.
Properties listed as for sale in the September 2017 update of Christchurch Cityscope include:
- Vacant land of 1,012 sqm at 146-148 Kilmore Street for sale through Livingstone Realty Ltd;
- The former Trinity Pacific Church at 125 Worcester Street, being re-built and refurbished in September 2017, has retail and hospitality areas ranging from 40 to 570 sqm in the completed development for sale through Colliers International; and
- A two-storey building at 573-575 Colombo Street, containing many small office units which covers most of the 2,478 sqm site including a large showroom at the eastern end, which is for sale through auction in September 2017 by Colliers International.
Leasing opportunities listed in the September 2017 update of Christchurch Cityscope include:
- 167 Victoria Street, a five-storey commercial building with retail space on ground level, completed in 2016, which has office space of 402 on level 1, 361 sqm on level 2, 239 sqm on level 3 and 104 sqm on level 4 available through Bayleys Canterbury Commercial;
- 151 Cambridge Terrace, a six-storey office building with retail on the ground floor and five levels of offices plus basement and ground floor parking, which has office space of 498 sqm on level 1, 479 sqm on level 2 and 354 sqm on level 3 available through Colliers International; and
- 52 Oxford Terrace, a four-level besser-brick office building with undercover parking for around 6 cars, which has office space ranging from 265 to 1,095 sqm available through Bayleys Canterbury - Commercial.