The latest research from Eastern Sydney Cityscope shows property sales’ values have increased in the past three months.
Sales recorded in the quarter to April 2020 totalled $115.8 million, an increase from the $74.9 million recorded in the quarter to January 2020 but a decrease from the $175.8 million recorded in the quarter to October 2019.
This data brings the 12 month total to $427.3 million, a decrease from the $518 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Eastern Sydney Cityscope.
Notable sales listed in the April 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- Newspoll House at 407 - 419 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills, a six-storey commercial building with ground floor retail on a 1,671 sqm block, transferred in two separate transactions at approximately $22.7 million each;
- 255 Crown Street, Darlinghurst, a 3-storey retail building with a single-storey extension to Arnold Lane on a 158 sqm block and 253 Crown Street, Darlinghurst, a 4-storey retail building, with rear lane access on a 171 sqm block, sold together for $9.15 million and
- 201 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, a 2-storey retail and commercial building on a 202 sqm block, sold for $6.475 million.
Properties listed as for sale in the April 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 134 - 138 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach, a 3-storey building, with a shop at street level and residential on upper levels on a site of 417 sqm block, available through CBRE Sydney and Metro Commercial Property Group;
- 464 Oxford Street, Paddington, a two-storey brick terrace with retail space on the ground level and a residential apartment on the first floor on a 120 sqm block, available through IB Property Surry Hills and
- 31 Albion Street, Surry Hills, a three-storey mixed use terrace with four bedrooms/offices, 1.5 bathrooms and two car parks in the garage with a building area of 170 sqm, available with an asking price of $2,350,000 through L J Hooker Commercial North Sydney.
Leasing opportunities listed in the April 2020 update of Eastern Sydney Cityscope include:
- 241 Commonwealth Street, Surry Hills, a nine-storey commercial building, built in 2000, which has office space of 620 sqm on both levels 4 and 5 available through LJ Hooker Commercial South Sydney;
- 2 - 12 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills, an eight-level converted warehouse style office building, which has office space ranging from 103 to 1500 sqm available through Deans Property – Broadway and
- 17-21 Bronte Road, Bondi Junction, a two-storey brick retail and commercial building with basement and loading dock at the rear, which has retail space of 527 sqm on ground level and office space of 177 sqm on level 1 available through Richard & Wrench Commercial – Eastern Suburbs.